Family Lineage | Golden Skate

Family Lineage

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I just researched my family name on my dad's side and was able to find a family tree all the way back to 1620 in Scotland!!! Pretty amazing. There is so much info. My grandmothers' side is from Belgrade, Minnesota and originally from Norway, but the info is obscure. Same thing with my mother's family. All I know is they came from Scotland/Ireland and Prince Edward Island.

Tracing one's roots is certainly fascinating!
đź‘Ť

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Hey, Lad. I love researching my family history also. My maternal grandmother kept wonderful records and made a booklet with some great family trees and pictures. That part of my family was from England and we have information back to the 1700s. My maternal grandfather and his family came over from Germany, but it has been difficult to find much on them. I am working on that, though!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
We did a family tree a few years ago, (actually, it was a family "shrub"....didn't go back that far)..........On my dad's side, who was Finnish, he had a relative who was on one of the rescue ships pulling survivors out of the water after the Titanic sunk. I thought that was cool. On my mom's side, she's Italian, we found out that one of our ancestors was Garibaldi, the Italian general during the WWII. We all know how that turned out............ :sheesh: 42

cygnus

Rinkside
Genealogy has been an obsession of mine for years. My mother's side (which is Finnish) has evolved from a tree into a forest (Finns have great records- and they are mostly on-line, depending on which village you come from). My database now has close to 50,000 names over 500 years. And no nobility at all- mostly farmers, miners and sailors (and probably a quarter of those names are infants who died in their first year :cry: Lots of interesting characters though- politicians, artists, deserters and criminals. And my hobby has led to a rediscovery of my Finnish cousins and a trip there a couple of years back.
Now to work on my father's family (Slovakia). which is much more difficult!

Off to Skate Canada tomorrow!