Desperate Housewives | Golden Skate

Desperate Housewives

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Is anyone following this strange show? Reminds me of Peyton Place. I started watching, now have to see how it ends!!!!

:laugh:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I LOVE this new show.......a mystery and dark comedy all rolled into one. I especially love the character of the "harried" housewife with four kids. Boy, can I relate to that! 42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I absolutely LOVE this show! I've even got Mr. RG hooked--although he says he can't believe he likes this show and feels a bit guilty for feeling that way! (He's a newsaholic.) It's part of my Sunday ritual: American Dreams, Desperate Housewives, Boston Legal. It's the ONLY night I watch network TV, so it's a special night in our house. :love:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Rgal........that's pretty close to my Sunday night schedule........"Cold Case", "Desperate Housewives", "Boston Legal". You're right, it's the best night for television..........42

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
We are totally hooked. Love the cast, and it keeps me laughing with the bizarre twists.

Bree's outburst at the dinner party was hilarious. And did anyone else notice as she left the psychologist's office that she was carrying a tennis racket (her cover is that she's taking tennis lessons)? She really goes all out!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I think it's hilarious that so many cast members have been guest stars on "Seinfeld!"

"Bree" played Dr. Sitarides, the dermatologist ("Dr. Pimple Popper")
"Susan" played the woman whose breasts Jerry wanted to know if they were real or not ("They're real and they're spectacular.")
The dead woman/narrator played Sue Ellen Mishke, the O'Henry candy bar heiress who never wore a bra.

heyang

Record Breaker
I was enjoying Jack & Bobby until Desparate Housewives began airing. Both are excellent shows, but at opposite ends of the spectrum. DH is so much more fun to watch though - a guilty pleasure. So far, ABC has the only 2 new shows to hook me - DH and Lost.

Teri Hatcher was also Lois on the Lois & Clark Series which also starred Dean Cain. Marcia Cross was also on One Life to Live and then Melrose Place. Nicolette Sheridan has played the vixen many times - including on Knots Landing. Eva Longoria was married to Tyler Christopher of GH and used to be on the Young & Restless. The only housewife I haven't seen in 'hot' role was the one that plays the career women turned stay at home Mom - but she's doing a great job.

What I love about these women is that they aren't totally caricatures. The show is just the right touch of fun and mystery and the cast is ultra talented.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
heyang said:
The only housewife I haven't seen in 'hot' role was the one that plays the career women turned stay at home Mom - but she's doing a great job.

That's Felicity Huffman--she's a fabulous actress. She is married to that fantastic actor William H. Macy.

Yes, I know they've all been in other sitcoms, soaps, etc.--I just thought it was funny that so many of them had guest starred on "Seinfeld" as well.

heyang

Record Breaker
Realtor Girl,

I'm glad you posted the Seinfeld connection, too. I remembered Teri Hatcher being the one with the breasts, but I had forgotten about Sue Ellen Mishke.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
The one that cracks me up the most is the gal having a fling with her gardner. The sock incident last night was priceless. I can't believe the hubby is that clueless..........42

Longhornliz

Final Flight
The husband who "cries after he ejaculates" also plays speaker of the house (right wing republican advisary to bartlet) on the west wing!!! The mysterious new man on the block is familiar to me... but I"m not sure where he is from.

I missed this sunday's episode, I will have to be sure to catch it again on saturday.

Felicity Huffman is one of my favorite actresses, she was superb in a showtime cable series "called out of order". It only lasted one season, and you can rent it at the video store I think. Her co-star was Eric Stoltz who is my boyfriend only he doesnt know it... and her real husband William H Macy was a frequent guest as the drugie neighbor.

Last edited:
I caught that show at its opening. It's so preposterous it has to be entertaining. My only concern about the tales of the wives is why did the narrator kill herself? What was she afraid to face. After all, the whole cast has something to hide. or was she murdered and doesn't realize it as a dead person. :banging:

Joe

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Joe, that's the whole idea of watching every week. We're "dying" to find out why she shot herself..........and who is that man who moved into the neighborhood right after the shooting and what was hidden at the bottom of the swimming pool? 42

I'm watching! It's kind of quirky and entertaining, as well as the mystery of why the one wife killed herself, what was in the box buried under the pool, etc. Quite enjoyable!
I can't help but remember my all-time favorite prime-time soap, Knots Landing each time Nicolette Sheridan has a scene!