Thread: Nancy Kerrigan Halloween Ice Show Comments

SkateFan4Life

Nancy Kerrigan Halloween Ice Show Comments

The other night I saw a few minutes of the latest Nancy Kerrigan Halloween ice show. Frankly, a few minutes was all that I could stand to watch. Kerrigan was dressed up, apparently in a witch's costume, and she looked absolutely UGLY. Granted, witches are supposed to be frightful, but -- yeech! :sheesh: She performed some very, very simple moves in her routine - one or two double jumps and a few weak spins. It was not exactly a routine that showcased her technical skills, which may be pretty much watered down by now.

IMHO, this show is really scraping the bottom of the barrel - entertainment wise and skating wise.

They didn't show it here or anywhere on the satellite that I could find. It was supposed to be on ABC (I think) but I couldn't find it.

She performed some very, very simple moves in her routine - one or two double jumps and a few weak spins. It was not exactly a routine that showcased her technical skills, which may be pretty much watered down by now.
    I think her skills are watered down maybe due to the fact that she is pregnant.

Ok, I'm feeling totally out of the loop.. This is the 1st I've heard about Nancy being pregnant. Congrats to her since she's always wanted more kids and has suffered a miscarriage in the past.

If i recall correctly, she skated when she was pregnant with Matthew, too. She wore a pumpkin costume that year.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan4Life
    The other night I saw a few minutes of the latest Nancy Kerrigan Halloween ice show. Frankly, a few minutes was all that I could stand to watch. Kerrigan was dressed up, apparently in a witch's costume, and she looked absolutely UGLY. Granted, witches are supposed to be frightful, but -- yeech! :sheesh: She performed some very, very simple moves in her routine - one or two double jumps and a few weak spins. It was not exactly a routine that showcased her technical skills, which may be pretty much watered down by now.

IMHO, this show is really scraping the bottom of the barrel - entertainment wise and skating wise.
    This show, IIRC, is a couple of years old.

When I first saw it, even though it doesn't have the budget of an ABC fluff piece, I enjoyed the skaters who decided to participate in it.

We were also supposed to get it but got something like baseball, car racing or football instead.