Nancy Kerrigan Halloween Ice Show Comments | Golden Skate

Nancy Kerrigan Halloween Ice Show Comments

S

SkateFan4Life

The other night I saw a few minutes of the latest Nancy Kerrigan Halloween ice show. Frankly, a few minutes was all that I could stand to watch. Kerrigan was dressed up, apparently in a witch's costume, and she looked absolutely UGLY. Granted, witches are supposed to be frightful, but -- yeech! :sheesh: She performed some very, very simple moves in her routine - one or two double jumps and a few weak spins. It was not exactly a routine that showcased her technical skills, which may be pretty much watered down by now.

IMHO, this show is really scraping the bottom of the barrel - entertainment wise and skating wise.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
They didn't show it here or anywhere on the satellite that I could find. It was supposed to be on ABC (I think) but I couldn't find it.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
She performed some very, very simple moves in her routine - one or two double jumps and a few weak spins. It was not exactly a routine that showcased her technical skills, which may be pretty much watered down by now.
I think her skills are watered down maybe due to the fact that she is pregnant.

heyang

Record Breaker
Ok, I'm feeling totally out of the loop.. This is the 1st I've heard about Nancy being pregnant. Congrats to her since she's always wanted more kids and has suffered a miscarriage in the past.

If i recall correctly, she skated when she was pregnant with Matthew, too. She wore a pumpkin costume that year.

valuvsmk

Rinkside
SkateFan4Life said:
The other night I saw a few minutes of the latest Nancy Kerrigan Halloween ice show. Frankly, a few minutes was all that I could stand to watch. Kerrigan was dressed up, apparently in a witch's costume, and she looked absolutely UGLY. Granted, witches are supposed to be frightful, but -- yeech! :sheesh: She performed some very, very simple moves in her routine - one or two double jumps and a few weak spins. It was not exactly a routine that showcased her technical skills, which may be pretty much watered down by now.

IMHO, this show is really scraping the bottom of the barrel - entertainment wise and skating wise.

This show, IIRC, is a couple of years old.

When I first saw it, even though it doesn't have the budget of an ABC fluff piece, I enjoyed the skaters who decided to participate in it.

Johar

Medalist
We were also supposed to get it but got something like baseball, car racing or football instead.