Skate Canada - Dance - Compulsory - Notes & Results | Golden Skate

Skate Canada - Dance - Compulsory - Notes & Results

Rosaleen

Medalist
Disclaimer: Info below is copyrighted to Golden Skate so please don't copy & paste into other forums, newsgroups, mailing lists, and/or articles.

Thanks so much!

As usual, the skaters are shown in the order they skated and the placements are the placements at the time they skated. Marks are shown as Tech, Components and total

CHN Wang / Meng Start 1 Place 1
Notes him in black shirt & pants her in pink top with light purple skirt / a little accordiany & slowed down on the chotcaws on the last couple of patterns /
t 11.36 c 11.99 tot 23.35 1st

CZE Janostakova / Prochazka Start 2 Place 1
Notes her in hot pink him in black / error on 2nd half of 1st pattern him in chotcaw /
t 12.10 c 12.89 tot 24.99 1st

CAN Wing / Lowe Start 3 Place 0
Notes him in black her in red & black / by far the best so far / nice wide steps & chotcaws are chotcaws with pined toes / nice feel to the dance /
t 16.20 c 19.15 tot 35.35 1st

CAN Patenaude / Denis Start 4 Place 2
Notes him in black her in yellow with black fringe on skirt / inside 3 turn doesn't have quite as nice motion as W&L / bit far apart on 2nd chotcaw each time / nice feel tough and they match much better than he & Josee did /
t 14.40 c 14.35 tot 28.75 2nd

ITA Aureli / Vaturi Start 5 Place 3
Notes white pink & blue string dress him in black / big mistake on chotcaws on 1st half of 1st patern / very cautious on 2nd time though but got it right / they look like they're really having to work at it /
t 13.02 c 13.18 tot 26.20 3rd

USA Galley-Rabinowitz / Mitchell Start 6 Place 3
Notes her in dark shiny grey him in black / nice swigny feel to 3 turn / something a bit awkward about the 2nd chotcaw each time but can't put my finger on exactly what /
t 13.98 c 14.69 tot 28.67 3rd

BUL Denkova / Staviyski Start 7 Place 1
Notes her in bright lime green him in black / very good feel to the dance / bit of a variation on the wide step that looked good, not quite sure what was diferent / nice swing on 3 turn /
t 17.88 c 23.17 tot 41.05 1st

ISR Chait / Sakhnovski Start 8 Place 2
Notes her in fluorscent pink-orange with black him in black / she bends forward weird in chotcaws and doesn't really straighten her leg properly when she should / the wide step goes out and comes back in somewhat before the feet go down /
t 16.84 c 21.74 tot 38.58 2nd

RUS Khokhlova / Novitski Start 9 Place 4
Notes her in white with black one white & one black glove him in black with a bit of white / wide step is a little out of sync same with 2nd chotcaw in set / free legs don't always match /
t 14.42 c 17.30 tot 31.72 4th

CAN Dubreuil / Lauzon Start 10 Place 2
Notes her in bright lime green him in black semi sheer shirt / very good speed & feel legs & steps match well / thought I saw something a bit awkwward on the chotcaws on the 1st half of the 2nd pattern /
t 17.08 c 22.27 tot 39.35 2nd

FRA Delobel / Schoenfelder Start 11 Place 2
Notes her in red with cutouts him in black / sync isn't quite as perfect as D&L / free legs don't always match perfectly /
t 17.5 c 21.87 tot 39.37 2nd

GER Beier / Beier Start 12 Place 7
Notes her in black with red ruffles on skirt him in black with red turtleneck / bit skiddy on 2nd chotcaw on 1st pattern / bit too deliberate on wide steps - not free enough /
t 15.04 c 16.44 tot 31.48 7th

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
It was obvious that Denkova and Staviski would have the lead. I was kind of suprised that Delobel and Schoenfelder are in 2nd and Chait and Sakhnovski are in 4th.

Antilles

Medalist
That actually doens'surprise me. I'd expect compulsories to be C&S's worst portion of a competition. Since they are a little choppy, and have some problems with their free legs, 4th seems right. They don't really get to show any of their strengths in this portion. I'm sure they'll pick up steam in the OD.