Free Dance - Notes & Results | Golden Skate

Free Dance - Notes & Results

Rosaleen

Medalist
Disclaimer: Info below is copyrighted to Golden Skate so please don't copy & paste into other forums, newsgroups, mailing lists, and/or articles.

Thanks so much!

As usual, the skaters are shown in the order they skated and the placements are the placements at the time they skated. Marks are shown as Tech, Components and total

My notes for the dance are really poor, there’s so much happening and it takes so many words to describe what they’re doing that I keep getting behind and can’t seem to catch up before the next team is on the ice.

ITA Aureli / Vaturi Start 1 Place 1
Notes both in black with silver & peach trim she has silver bra effect / lost all the notes when my palm crashed / really good skate except for him hanving a slip on the 2nd set of twizzles at the end of the slow section / the music was Fame and they skated itreally well - lifts were complex and nice to look at - not sure if he ever went to one foot in any of the lifts but did 2 in spread eagle / they were happy /
t 24.38 c 36.14 ded 1.00 tot 59.52 gr tot 122.05

CHN Wang / Meng Start 2 Place 2
Notes samba both in black with fushia trim / Saw them skate but Palm had crashed and couldn’t take any notes, sorry
t 23.70 c 32.58 ded 1.00 tot 55.28 gr tot 113.97

USA Galley-Rabinowitz / Mitchell Start 3 Place 0
Notes music phytandros by Saint Preux / her in royal purple him in black / music starts of soft & slow and their moves match - flowing with good speed / curve lift him in spread eagle she changes pos / music picks up and they do twizzles / midline steps are close & in sync / combo spin is pretty with her in arabesque then sit / S lift ending in shoot duck very nice / O ftwrk starts out weell and then she falls 1/2 into it and they don't recover in time to finish the seq / then into another erally nice lift / she fell on sync twizzles / aside from the 2 falls this as a good program -- their lifts are good and flow out of the chor /
t 27.60 c 38.15 ded 3.00 tot 62.75 gr tot 131.67

CZE Janostakova / Prochazka Start 4 Place 2
Notes notre dame de paris / him in priest collar her in red shredded skirt / S lift is very nice him in low spreadeagle / 2nd lift has her upside down vertical and isn't really pretty / O ftwrk is very close together & changes of hold but looks a bit awkward -like their not comfortable with it yet / sync twizzles were good / they seem to be working at it and lose speed easily / midline steps they're clutching and grabbing for each other / needs more miles -- lots more /
t 31.20 c 35.51 ded 0 tot 66.71 grtot 128.64

RUS Khokhlova / Novitski Start 5 Place 1
Notes black with white & red trim - don't really see ho costumes go with music / curve lift with her dismounting with no help from him really nice / into spin / strt lift with hin low pos & she changes multiple times / O ftwrk is really fast & fairly intrication / S lift with her upside down - bracing herself on his upper leg / strt lift into rot / twizzles match / spin is soso bit awkward on pos changes / diag ftwrk has her in shoot duck through his legs / the music is building in intensity and so are they /program ends in rot lift that looks really hard that I can't describe / the program stayed with the music building and fading as the music did- very expressive / she also had a very bad wedgie problem through most of the program /
t 34.80 c 48.26 tot83.06 gr tot 163.14

CAN Patenaude / Denis Start 6 Place 2
Notes her in shimmery red with white elbow gloves him in black / moulin rouge / diamonds are a girls best friends / rot lift with multiple pos changes / twizzles are in sync and fast / O ftwrk is dancey he had a slip right near end / strt lift with him in shoot duck her upside down / now roxanne & spin in crouch then arabesque / a number of lifts in this section and they've got a harder edge look which matches music / diag steps work well and their last lift is a gender-bender which the crowd loved / I really liked this dance - caught the mood of the music very well /
t 32.60 c 43.26 tot 75.86 gr tot 145.41

CAN Wing / Lowe Start 7 Place 1
Notes zorba the greek / burnt orange & dark royal blue / crowd is clapping to the very familiar melody and their moves match the music perfectly into a sustained combo spin with good speed & centereing / O ftwrk as the music speeds up / this was basically 4 mintues of the crowd clapping along with the music / their mood & inbetweens matched perfectly / only criticism might be that their non-rotational lifts are still a bit simple - her pos are very good but he doesn't change pos or go to one foot /
t 40.60 c 51.59 tot 92.19 gr tot 178.31

GER Beier / Beier Start 8 Place 3
Notes Indian spirit / white with bright baby blue trim her hair in braids - really pretty reminds me of an indian pricess / music is soft to start and they match / sync twizzles are to a very soft & melodic part & interpret it very well / you really get a sense that they are interpreting the music not just skating to it / that was over too quick and there were loads of great things in it that I just couldn't get written down / the O ftwrk was near the start and was done to a drum beat / they had lots of changes of pos & hand holds /
t 30.90 c 45.19 tot 76.09 gr tot 151.14

FRA Delobel / Schoenfelder Start 9 Place 1
Notes shades of deep red, purple, blue - really nice / Frida soundtrack / start out with a dance spin /strt lift with him in backwards crouch / midline steps are intricate into rot lift with her in splits / sync twizzles with hands over head / mood of music brightened and then goes sombre again lift with bit of trouble on exit / curve lift with him in spread seagle / back to back low gliding move / O ftwrk is to sticatto music / sync twizzles are good / yrical section of music and strt lift with him in arabesque / boy that was over quick - IMO the best free dance they've ever done / I really liked that dance - want to see it again - it drew me in and carried me along /
t 40.10 c 59.31 tot 99.41 gr tot 199.19

BUL Denkova / Staviyski Start 10 Place 1
Notes bach to africa / music starts out with african chanting and beat - they've got the 'jerkiness' to their movment that the music requires / their lifts are incredibly difficult with multiple changes of pos by both / I as too busy watching and couldn't get it written down fast enough /
t 42.90 c 63.71 tot 106.61 gr tot 208.93

CAN Dubreuil / Lauzon Start 11 Place 2
Notes winter vision, taboo - native north american theme / costumes in shades f brown & beige / music a drum beat to start then into chanting / sbs twizzes are very good into strt lift with her vertical aboe him into rot lift / another rot lift with him holding her with one arm / O ftwrk is very twisty with many hand hold changes / rot lift with very difficult holds/ diag ftwrk with lots of one-foot work/ very good dance & very well done - didn't draw me in like some of the others - the elements didn't seem toflow out of the in-betweens the same as D&S did /
t 43.20 c 60.69 tot 103.89 gr tot 203.69

ISR Chait / Sakhnovski Start 12 Place 3
Notes toccata & fuge in d minor by bach / day-glo orange & black / lift with her laying on back balancing on him in shoot duck with no hands / fast rot lift with her in splits / O ftwrk gets a bit slow part way through but is quite complex / sit spin nested / twizzle set matches / spin in bent leg camel / S lift with her upside down / midline steps get very slow at end lots of one-foot work / twizzles are mirrored / another curve lift with her upside down / one handed rotational lift /
t 42.60 c 59.58 tot 102.18 gr tot 200.97

Antilles

Medalist
My favourite of the day was D&L's. I thought it was a great FD, with some really interesting moves. That first lift scares me though. They didn't have any difficulty with their footwork this time around.

I also really like D&S, although I think a couple of the lifts could use improvement. I love the low lift with her sort of lying on him. I think this one has great potential.

D&S and C&S were good as well, but I don't think their programs compared to the top two.