Brian Boitano/Edward Dwyer Duo | Golden Skate

Brian Boitano/Edward Dwyer Duo

S

SkateFan4Life

The other evening I caught a few minutes of a Brian Boitano figure skating TV special and saw a wonderful final skate, performed by Brian and Edward Dwyer (hope that's correct) - a 60ish pro skater who skated with Ice Capades for many years under the name of "Mr. Debonair". I remember seeing Dwyer skate in an Ice Capade show about 25 years ago, and he was charming, bigtime.

Brian and Mr. D. shadow skated, jump for jump, spin for spin, except that Mr. D's jumps were small and, well, kind of wonderfully quirkly. I'm not sure exactly what his jumps could be labeled as - maybe half axels.

However, both of them did great, great spread eagles, and both seemed to be having a blast skating together.

All of this was skated to the theme from "That's Entertainment". How appropriate!! đź‘Ť

skatesindreams

Rinkside
SkateFan, it's Richard Dwyer. "Mr. Debonaire" That progran was a wonderful salute to him and the ice extravaganzas of times past.

BLADES ON ICE recentlly did a great feature article on Mr. Dwyer and his extraordinary 50 year career. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it highly.

Linny

Final Flight
Brian Boitano special

The rest of the Brian Boitano special from this year was also excellent. Many new programs from old favorites. The Brian/Richard duet was a repeat clip from last year's special brought back by popular request.

I enjoyed Kristi Yamaguchi with three men pairs skaters, going from move to move, partner to partner.

Linny

S

SkateFan4Life

skatesindreams said:
SkateFan, it's Richard Dwyer. "Mr. Debonaire" That progran was a wonderful salute to him and the ice extravaganzas of times past.

BLADES ON ICE recentlly did a great feature article on Mr. Dwyer and his extraordinary 50 year career. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it highly.

Thanks for the name correction. I really enjoyed Richard's performance - it was a neat flashback in time. :biggrin: