Trick or Treat... smell my feet... | Golden Skate

Trick or Treat... smell my feet...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
who all is giving out candy?

unfortunately we don't have a lot of trick or treaters as it's snowing pretty hard out... have seen 15 kids in the last 2 hours :(

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Our Trick or Treat was Thursday evening. Around here it is never held on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Wednesday and Sunday are considered "church nights" and Friday and Saturday are out because officials fear that if there is no school the next day more kids will be out later causing more trouble. For some reason even if Halloween falls on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday trick or treat is held on another day again, because of the fear of too much mischief.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Ever since my boys grew up, we've been going out to dinner with our neighbors on Halloween night. I always keep candy on hand just in case little ones come to the door before we leave..........none this year, though......42

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Here in Arkansas it is a balmy 75 degrees. I love trick or treaters...I had to come to work just as the fun was getting started....

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Not me! I detest Halloween. The only people who profit are the retail outlets and of course, the dentists. Not to mention, the teenagers are out letting off fireworks and causing havoc and damage to themselves and other peoples property. I wish fireworks could be banned - there is talk of that.

Thank goodness it's over for another year.

No trick-or-treaters out my way...we're on a mile long road in the country-ish area of our town, only 9 houses on it, no sidewalks, etc.
However, en-route to visiting my MIL, my husband and I drove past many trick-or-treaters who were, in our opinion, taking their lives into their hands. They were on a fairly busy main road, after dark, no sidewalks....none of them had reflective clothing or flashlights of any kind. We drove way slower than normal and were on edge the entire time trying to keep an eye out for people along the road.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Well, we were expecting lots of little ones as we live next to a huge subdivision. I bought a 3 pound tub of candy. But only 5 trick or treaters came. The last two were amazed at the HUGE amount of candy I gave them. I will be eating lots of sugar for the next couple of weeks.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Ladskater said:
Not me! I detest Halloween. The only people who profit are the retail outlets and of course, the dentists. Not to mention, the teenagers are out letting off fireworks and causing havoc and damage to themselves and other peoples property. I wish fireworks could be banned - there is talk of that.

Thank goodness it's over for another year.

Lad, did you not have good T orT experiences when you were a kid? I love seeing all the costumes. The kids get so excited in anticipation of T or T that you can't help but be excited for them. I have neighbors who dion't participate which p***** me off. This year I had about 300 kids which was good :love: . We are a small town but we get kids who come in from the unincorporated areas. Some folks object to that but I don't mind at all. I would rather buy extra treats for those kids than risk them going door to door in areas where there are no sidewalks and streetlights. I have found the best way to avoid property damage is to be home, have lots of light, and PARTICIPATE in and ENJOY the festivities. Our woman's club is located at the end of a dark street and we were concerned about kids spraypainting the privacy fence around the courtyard. So, we went all out with the decorations, lit the place up. opened the doors for trick or treaters to come in, have a cup of hot chocolate (or soft drink or coffee), warm up, use the bathrooms, or just rest for a minute. Instead of worrying about what might go wrong we became proactive and in the process came up with something that has been very well recieved by our community.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my parents choose not to participate with Halloween they go to the Church's alternative functions (this year it was a chile cookoff) I don't see what's wrong with it... I wouldn't be giving it out this year had I not moved in with my aunt...

it's fun to see the costumes, but I didn't really feel like I missed out the last 10+ years of my life...

we had about 45-50 kids... not a lot :( we have so much candy left over....

and we have about a foot of snow outside... thankfully it's not very wet so it's easy to move :)

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't get many trick or treaters - only 3 in the last 12 years and this was the 1st year I wasn't home....

I went to my brother's to be with my niece and nephew. I've been buying their costumes for the last 3 years. David was a green power ranger and niece Fredi was Magenta from Blue's Clues.

Their neighborhood has a costume parade. The kids and parents walk around the block for everyone to see the costumes. This year, the hosting house had a powdered sugar machine and popcorn and assorted other goodies. My cousin & her kids also visited - her kids were a dragon and a lion.

Us adults had some real food while the kids bounced off the walls on sugar highs. Then we took them out trick or treating. David and Justin competed to ring the doorbell 1st while Fredi just tried to keep up. Little Gregory just sat in his stroller. We ended up yelling a lot - 'Only ring the doorbell once please!', 'Don't knock on the door so hard', 'You can stop knocking cause no one's home', 'Take only One' and 'Say Thank You'. Overall, the kids behaved well and had a good time. When we visited 3 houses in a row that weren't home, my nephew exclaimed 'This is hard work' - he's only 4 1/2.... :rofl:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Heyang, is a powdered sugar machine the same thing as a cotton candy machine?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Poor Madelyn went crazy every time the doorbell rang--and it rang A LOT! Our house looks pretty cool with lit up pumpkins, a mechanical bat and we have a scary voices/music CD that we play. Unfortunately, our psychedelic light broke. At 7, we went Trick or Treating with RG Jr. and 2 other families, Madelyn and one more dog. It was a lot of fun. RG Jr. went as a hippie. I ironed patches onto her jeans (that's pretty much all the ironing I've done in 6 months!), she had on a bunch of way cool jewelry (including a peace necklace), a colorful poncho (those are IN this year!), a blonde wig and John Lennon glasses. I love this holiday and cherish going out with her because at 10, how many more years will she want to do it? I remember each and every year and what she wore--it's been fun.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Rgal you are so lucky to get to do thiese things with Rgal Jr. I miss having a niece or nephew to dress up but dressing Abbey was just as much fun. She was so cute at the Girl Scout dance and very well behaved. My girls took turns doing Abbey duty. Near the end of the dance they had the DJ play "Who Let the Dogs Out?" for her and led her around the dance floor :love: On Sunday she went into the laundry room and barked at her costume until we put it on her. She kept barking until we realized that we hadn't put her "bling bling" on, LOL. After prancing around for awhile she was ready for everything to come off.

My niece in Virginia called to tell me that Ashlyn's Cheer Bear costume that I got her last year fits her now so she wore it for trick or treat at home and wore her new frog costume for trick or treat at Nanna's.

heyang

Record Breaker
I probably should have called it a pixie sugar dispenser. Essentially, it had 4 or 5 large tubes of colored sugar - like pixie sticks. Each person got an opaque plastic tube (about the size of a cigar tub) and could make 'sand art' in their tubes from the larger ones.

I wasn't particulary a fan of Halloween when I got to about age 11 or so, but watching the little ones reminds me of how much fun it can be.