Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shae Lynn and Peter Split

Custom Title

Shae Lynn and Peter Split

Just saw this on SLAM

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkat...699251-cp.html

Shae Lynn says she and Peter had different goals. She will now concentrate on singles.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Wow. So Peter decided against Canadian citizenship and trying for the Olympics. I wonder what his future plans are?

Mathman

Custom Title
    Maybe Canadian citizenship wasn't feasible and he's thinking about skating with an American partner. Maybe Naomi will give it another go.....

Mathman check out naomilang.com.

Custom Title
    That was quick.

On the Ice
    Erm, all I see is the old L&T website, with the last update January 10th, 2004.

I'm really surprised at this news. they could have tried it for the Worlds and then separated if they felt that was not the way to go.

So ShaeLyn will stay in a Show as a single skater. OK.
    Peter will be hanging out until we know his plans. Let's speculate:

1. He will reunite with Naomi and give it another try. That is, if Naomi can be convinced.

2. He wil return to Russia and see what's available in life.

3. He will search for a new partner in the US. But who?

4. He will skate shows with ShaeLynn or someone else. Is he a draw?

5. He will go softly into the sunset and become a dance coach in the US.

One question: Is Shaelynn a good singles skater? I don't mean competitive necesarily, but one who can please an audience.

Joe

Ice Angel
    Peter could find a partner who is not that famous as Shae Lynn. Jamie Silverstein could be a good match if she is still looking for a partner. And there are a couple of other ice dance ladies without partners.

Rogue Leader
    I saw Shae-Lynn do her singles routine at Canadian Stars on Ice. She was good, but she also was a novelty. I think she has some work to do to be a viable singles skater, but I feel she can do it. She should have an edge in footwork (although she didn't display much of it in her one routine). She will always have a Canaidan audience, and I think her audience can grow as she has more time to work on her singles skating.

I'll bet some Canadian ice dancers are breathing a sigh of relief. I hope Peter can find what he truly wants, and that he gets to do it.

Fan of The Incomparable Sonja Henie Glacierskater's Avatar
    That link took me to Sasha's article.

Split up!!!!!!!!!! They never got started! GOOD GRIEF! I was really looking forward to this partnership.

average opinionated skate fan
    Come on now, if Maya Usava can reinvent herself with another pairing why can SL? And Peter too, for that matter! Dance Partnering takes time. I think the prudent thing to do is to avoid publicity next time round when attempting to try out new partners. I'm almost not surprised at thier not staing together, I think people expected too much of Bourne and Peter. I would have had to have seen them after they had worked for a solid year to judge if the pairing was effective. They, being party to all the "up-close" fun, probably decided very quickly not to waste one another's time out of respect for one another.

As for an American girl to partner with PT??? How about Stephanie Ziegler???
    I share this thought again as she has failed to move up very much in the ranks of some pretty less that elite national teams competing. I say, she looks fabulous, has great talent, wonderful edging, beautiful carriage over the ice, in other words I believe she's in the wrong dicipline. As a dance pair, those two would be a dream.

Now as for SL, that's different story...maybe she can be skating's femme fatale and skate a series of public exhibitions with a variety of partners!
    I think it is important that she choose a good fit for her as I feel she has more than just native Canadian appeal. For so many years she and Vic represented North American ice dancing so well and with such determination.

that stinks!

i wish they would have skated together at least once!

Custom Title
    The news is kind of humorous considering that they were just on BOI cover and were advertised as a new dream team..., LOL. I wonder if they are doing their show commitments? I have understood that they are confirmed for Fantasy On Ice tour (shows in Helsinki, Vienna, Klagenfurt and Salzburg).

Marjaana
    Last edited by Jaana; 11-04-2004 at 03:35 AM.

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8m8
    As for an American girl to partner with PT??? How about Stephanie Ziegler???
    I share this thought again as she has failed to move up very much in the ranks of some pretty less that elite national teams competing. I say, she looks fabulous, has great talent, wonderful edging, beautiful carriage over the ice, in other words I believe she's in the wrong dicipline. As a dance pair, those two would be a dream.
    Stephanie Stiegler sustained a shoulder injury years ago and split with partner John Zimmerman. I don't think she's competed, at least at the National level, since then. Her sister Tiffany Stiegler has already switched from pairs to dance after ending partnerships with her brother, Johnny, and Bert Cording, with whom she competed at Nationals last year. She is working very hard with Sergey Magerovskiy, who competed in Senior Dance last year with his wife Rebecca, and coach Igor Shpilband to pass her tests. Shpilband, who is teaching her dance basics, preferred that she take her time to learn the dances properly, but she wanted to qualify for Seniors this year. It was a stretch for her to be able to learn and fit in all of the tests, but I haven't heard whether she was successful.

Tiffany Stiegler and Magerovskiy competed at the Lake Placid Dance competition, where they won the Midnight Blues.

With all the female singles talent out there, I just can't imagine SL having a long-lasting singles career with what... double jumps? Won't people always look at her as missing something... or someone... when she skates?

I wonder why it didn't work out, especially after all the hype, and so quickly at that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast