Shae Lynn and Peter Split | Golden Skate

Shae Lynn and Peter Split

Wow. So Peter decided against Canadian citizenship and trying for the Olympics. I wonder what his future plans are?

Mathman

soogar

Record Breaker
Maybe Canadian citizenship wasn't feasible and he's thinking about skating with an American partner. Maybe Naomi will give it another go.....

I'm really surprised at this news. they could have tried it for the Worlds and then separated if they felt that was not the way to go.

So ShaeLyn will stay in a Show as a single skater. OK.
Peter will be hanging out until we know his plans. Let's speculate:

1. He will reunite with Naomi and give it another try. That is, if Naomi can be convinced.

2. He wil return to Russia and see what's available in life.

3. He will search for a new partner in the US. But who?

4. He will skate shows with ShaeLynn or someone else. Is he a draw?

5. He will go softly into the sunset and become a dance coach in the US.

One question: Is Shaelynn a good singles skater? I don't mean competitive necesarily, but one who can please an audience.

Joe

jesslily

Final Flight
Peter could find a partner who is not that famous as Shae Lynn. Jamie Silverstein could be a good match if she is still looking for a partner. And there are a couple of other ice dance ladies without partners.

Antilles

Medalist
I saw Shae-Lynn do her singles routine at Canadian Stars on Ice. She was good, but she also was a novelty. I think she has some work to do to be a viable singles skater, but I feel she can do it. She should have an edge in footwork (although she didn't display much of it in her one routine). She will always have a Canaidan audience, and I think her audience can grow as she has more time to work on her singles skating.

I'll bet some Canadian ice dancers are breathing a sigh of relief. I hope Peter can find what he truly wants, and that he gets to do it.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
That link took me to Sasha's article.

Split up!!!!!!!!!! They never got started! GOOD GRIEF! I was really looking forward to this partnership. :mad:

sk8m8

Final Flight
Come on now, if Maya Usava can reinvent herself with another pairing why can SL? And Peter too, for that matter! Dance Partnering takes time. I think the prudent thing to do is to avoid publicity next time round when attempting to try out new partners. I'm almost not surprised at thier not staing together, I think people expected too much of Bourne and Peter. I would have had to have seen them after they had worked for a solid year to judge if the pairing was effective. They, being party to all the "up-close" fun, probably decided very quickly not to waste one another's time out of respect for one another.

As for an American girl to partner with PT??? How about Stephanie Ziegler???
I share this thought again as she has failed to move up very much in the ranks of some pretty less that elite national teams competing. I say, she looks fabulous, has great talent, wonderful edging, beautiful carriage over the ice, in other words I believe she's in the wrong dicipline. As a dance pair, those two would be a dream.

Now as for SL, that's different story...maybe she can be skating's femme fatale and skate a series of public exhibitions with a variety of partners! :agree:
I think it is important that she choose a good fit for her as I feel she has more than just native Canadian appeal. For so many years she and Vic represented North American ice dancing so well and with such determination.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The news is kind of humorous considering that they were just on BOI cover and were advertised as a new dream team..., LOL. I wonder if they are doing their show commitments? I have understood that they are confirmed for Fantasy On Ice tour (shows in Helsinki, Vienna, Klagenfurt and Salzburg).

Marjaana

Last edited:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
sk8m8 said:
I share this thought again as she has failed to move up very much in the ranks of some pretty less that elite national teams competing. I say, she looks fabulous, has great talent, wonderful edging, beautiful carriage over the ice, in other words I believe she's in the wrong dicipline. As a dance pair, those two would be a dream.
Stephanie Stiegler sustained a shoulder injury years ago and split with partner John Zimmerman. I don't think she's competed, at least at the National level, since then. Her sister Tiffany Stiegler has already switched from pairs to dance after ending partnerships with her brother, Johnny, and Bert Cording, with whom she competed at Nationals last year. She is working very hard with Sergey Magerovskiy, who competed in Senior Dance last year with his wife Rebecca, and coach Igor Shpilband to pass her tests. Shpilband, who is teaching her dance basics, preferred that she take her time to learn the dances properly, but she wanted to qualify for Seniors this year. It was a stretch for her to be able to learn and fit in all of the tests, but I haven't heard whether she was successful.

Tiffany Stiegler and Magerovskiy competed at the Lake Placid Dance competition, where they won the Midnight Blues.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
With all the female singles talent out there, I just can't imagine SL having a long-lasting singles career with what... double jumps? Won't people always look at her as missing something... or someone... when she skates?

I wonder why it didn't work out, especially after all the hype, and so quickly at that.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Tiffany Stiegler and Magerovskiy competed at the Lake Placid Dance competition, where they won the Midnight Blues.

Good for them! :agree:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
sk8m8 said:
I think Stephanie has retired from skating. I remember reading a few years back she skated briefly with Mirko Mueller in Germany (after Peggy Schwarz retired at the end of the 1999-2000 season) and the skating was working out. However, she was homesick and returned to the US.

You are right that she looks fabulous. I remember they showed her in the stands when Tiffany and Johnny were skating.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

euterpe

Medalist
Shae can always skate in Canadian SOI, or other ice shows in Canada, but she wouldn't be much of a draw as a singles skater in the US.

As for only being able to do doubles, I don't think Sarah Hughes will be doing too many tough jumps on her SOI tour, and she probably doesn't need them. Towards the ends of their SOI involvement, Kat Witt and Tara Lipinski were doing very scaled-down programs where the hardest jump was a 2A. Rabid skating fans recognize the difference between double and triple jumps, but the average SOI attendee buys a ticket to see famous skaters and be entertained, and could care less about the number of rotations in a jump.

sk8m8

Final Flight
I feel so BUSTED, first I get the wrong Stiegler sister...I meant Tiffany, not Stephanie,(though on retrospect they are cut from the same cloth and a healthy Stephanie would have been a good fit a few years ago.) Now I find that the beautiful and talented Tiff has done what I thought she should have done years ago by switching diciplines :eek: I hope she and her partner continue to do well, however can you picture her and Peter together????....A dream! :love: