Shae Lynn and Peter Split | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Shae Lynn and Peter Split

Katia Gordeeva :love: was another one that had a successful career as a singles skater, after the death of Sergei. Audiences in the U.S., and everywhere, loved her. Still do. She's a beautiful skater as well as being the very symbol and soul of courage and hope in an uncertain and sometimes tragic world.

MM:)

chania36

On the Ice
I just read an article in a french paper here in Canada and the article said that Peter could not commit for more then a year, that is strange, also someone here said that they should have went to worlds and then decide, but in Canada by the rules of Skate Canada, you must be skating together a year before going to competition, that is what I know from before unless the rules has changed.

I am so upset, I had bought tickets to go see the tour of Celebration on ice in Cornwall, 1 hour from Ottawa, ontario, Peter and Shae Lynn were to skate in it, I was so happy to see them soon and in person, that was quite a oppurtunity for me to see them live, but by the article, they are not going to skate their engagements th«t they made for this coming season, that Shae Lynn will skate alone.

I just cant believe it, I am so sad, I was so happy that they had decided to pair up together, this would have been something great on the ice, like the article said, they both had different goals. maybe it has to do with the fact that Peter want to go to the Olympics and getting a canadian citizenship in time was not possible and then that in itself is enough to brake them up, HOW SAD!!!

miffy

Rinkside
chania36, i was going to see them in Celebration On Ice too - i got tickets for the Oshawa and Newmarket shows especially to see them, so i was very disappointed when i heard that Peter won't be there. But i hope some good will come out of this situation, and that they will both be happy with the paths they are choosing. Shae will continue to skate solo, and hopefully we haven't seen the last of Peter either! :love:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
sk8m8 said:
INow I find that the beautiful and talented Tiff has done what I thought she should have done years ago by switching diciplines
You know what they say about great minds thinking alike!

diver chick

On the Ice
The difference between Katia and Shae is that Katia had most of the doube jumps and a couple of triples so she could cut it as a singles skater in the pro world.
Shae will be a novelty on pro tours for a while, maybe a season or two and in that time hopefully she can get some double jumps together for her programs because hydroblading and good edging will not sustain her career and being a novelty will only last for a season or two at most.

I have to say I was never very confident of Shae and Peters partnership as I didn't really see them as very suited. That is not to say that I am not disappointed that they split before I had a chance to be proved wrong ;)

S

SkateFan4Life

hrmsk8ngnutt said:
Just saw this on SLAM

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkating/2004/11/03/699251-cp.html

Shae Lynn says she and Peter had different goals. She will now concentrate on singles.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

What?? That was certainly a brief partnership. :sheesh: On the other hand, Shae-Lynn and Peter are mature enough and experienced enough to realize whether or not their partnership is going to work. Hopefully, she did not expect Peter to be another Victor, and he did not expect Shae-Lynn to be another Naomi.

Is Shae-Lynn skilled as a singles skater - with jumps? She obviously has great footwork, and she can probably spin up a storm, but what about those jumps?

As for Peter, he's in his 30s now, so if he's going to find another partner, he'd better start looking ASAP. I sure hope he 's not going to skate with someone who is, say, 20 years younger than he is. :sheesh:

Linny

Final Flight
Peter

Perhaps he will concentrate on being a choreographer. The work he did for Rena and John was certainly top notch.
Linny

soogar

Record Breaker
ITA Linny about PT's work for I&B.

What's wrong with PT skating with someone much younger? As long as she looks developed, it won't be a mismatch. It's not as though he is dating her.

Antilles

Medalist
Shae didn't do any jumps in her singles programs this year, and I think I remember reading an article where she said she was going to work on her jumps, but everyone told her not too. They said she'd be fine on her own without them. If her feet and spins are good enough, she can probably get away without jumps. Lucinda Ruh never did many jumps, and Kurt Browning is mostly a footwork man now (with a couple of jumps thrown in). She just needs to set herself apart in another way.

Shae used to skate singles and pairs, so she knew how to jump at one point in time.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I think Shae can get by just fine without jumps. After watching her on the
ice in ensemble acts with CSOI, she blew the other ladies off the ice with her amazing speed, posture, edges, and audience charisma.

Shae is beautiful and a great basic skater with "it" appeal - she doesn't need a partner or jumps, imho.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Are you sure? They were scheduled to skate in a show in Chilliwack BC in February with Kurt Browning and Brian Orser.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I'm really surprised at this news. they could have tried it for the Worlds and then separated if they felt that was not the way to go.

So ShaeLyn will stay in a Show as a single skater. OK.
Peter will be hanging out until we know his plans. Let's speculate:

1. He will reunite with Naomi and give it another try. That is, if Naomi can be convinced.

2. He wil return to Russia and see what's available in life.

3. He will search for a new partner in the US. But who?

4. He will skate shows with ShaeLynn or someone else. Is he a draw?

5. He will go softly into the sunset and become a dance coach in the US.

One question: Is Shaelynn a good singles skater? I don't mean competitive necesarily, but one who can please an audience.

Joe

I don't know the answer to questions #1-5, but yes, Shae-Lynn is an excellent skater. She started out skating as a single skater. It will be interesting to see what she does. I was looking forward to seeing her and Peter skate together; however, "what ever will be will be." It's kind of difficult to pick up and start skating with a new partner after so many years spent skating with the same partner. Bravo to Shae-Lynn for trying.

jesslily

Final Flight
From OMG to grass-roots level, there are some skaters just having that chrisma, flow, dancing ability, great body line to grab your attention when they are on the ice. They really don't need triples or quads, Lucinda Rue, Sasha Cohen, Dorothy Hamill, maybe Shae Lynn...
On the other hand some skaters depending on jumping ability to stand out, once they fall a couple of jumps, the entire program is lost interest to the audience.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
jesslily said:
From OMG to grass-roots level, there are some skaters just having that chrisma, flow, dancing ability, great body line to grab your attention when they are on the ice. They really don't need triples or quads, Lucinda Rue, Sasha Cohen, Dorothy Hamill, maybe Shae Lynn...
On the other hand some skaters depending on jumping ability to stand out, once they fall a couple of jumps, the entire program is lost interest to the audience.

I think a lot of the skaters (Miki, Vika Volchkova, Sebestyen) depend on the jumps to stand out...

That being said, I almost hope that solo dance was an event. She would kick a$$ :rofl:

Glacierskater

On the Ice
hrmsk8ngnutt said:
Try this link to the article on the Skate Canada website:

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/news_views/press_room/news_releases/2004/nov3b.cfm

(my original link was working - don't know what happened....)

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Thanks for the link. I wonder why Peter can't commit for more than a year...what's going on there? Naomi have a change of heart and coming back to the sport? A very curious quandry, indeed. Still, was a gold medal in '06 to much to ask for?