Most Medals go to Russians | Golden Skate

Most Medals go to Russians

J

Joesitz

Most Medals go to Russians

Although the gold was split this World's among 4 Nations: Canada; China; Russia and USA, the Russians did win the most medals:

Mens: Russia; USA; Japan

Ladies: USA; Russia; Japan

Pairs: China; Russia; Russia

Dance: Canada; Russia; Bulgaria

Russia - 5 medals
Japan - 2 medals
USA - 2 medals
Bulgaria - 1 medal
Canada - 1 medal
China - 1 medal

It does seem that the Russians do have excellent training.

I don't remember how this compares to last Worlds.

Joe

B

berthes ghost

Re: Most Medals go to Russians

Mens: Russia; USA; Japan

Ladies: Russia; USA; Japan

Pairs: China; Russia; USA

Dance: Russia; Canada; Israel

M

mathman444

Good for them. But I'm always glad (sometimes :lol: ) to see change and surprises. The American ladies sweep fizzled, but Tim Goebel jumped up and rescued the flag. The Russians dominated pairs and dance for years, but this year the top prizes went to China and Canada (first ever gold medal in dance! Go B & K ! )

Mathman

L

Ladskater

Joesitz:

Its a well know fact. Russia has dominated figure skating for many years, but now and then we North Americans salt the showdown with a little seasoning! Now the Chinese and Japanese are adding to the mix. We have certainly seen some great skaters come from Russia - but now their coaches are over here training our skaters! Maybe some Russian training secrets will be revealed!

Ladskater

J

Joesitz

Ladd - I have no idea who was coaching B&K. Was it a Russian? MK was coached by Williams plus a couple of weeks with Morozov. Takeshi is coached by a Canadian. I don't know much more than that.

Joe

P

Ptichka

Russians have a hand in all top 8 Dance Placements:

B&K are coached by Morozov. TT used to work with them, but this season even before her split with Nikolai she spent more time with Grushina & Goncharov. Before TT, they worked with Dubova, another famous Russian coach.

L&A -- Russians.

D&S -- he is Russian; they are coached by Gorshkov -- a Russian.

N&K -- Russians.

G&G -- Ukranian, coached by TT.

C&S -- he is Russian; she is 2nd generation Russian; they are coached by Platov -- a Russian.

B&A -- coached by Shpilband and Zueva, both Russians.

L&T -- coached by Morozov.

After that, you get two teams both coached by French Zazoui, though D&S worked a bit with TT last year.

S

sk8ing lady2001

That is indeed very interesting. I like pretty much all of the Russians. They include Irina (I missed her at worlds :( ), Michelle's choreographer Morozov, and Tatiana Tarasova, Sasha Cohen's coach. All are very helpful.

C

Callystarr

<em><strong>That is not a surprise...as you were..</strong></em>