Anyone see today's West Wing? | Golden Skate

Anyone see today's West Wing?

Antilles

Medalist
Very interesting story line. At least this will give them something new to plan stoires around this year. I heard the creators are looking to retire Bartlett next year, since his term will be up, and they're using real time. I wonder how well a West Wing with a new cast will fare?

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I read on Bartlet4America.org that there are going to be some big shuffles on the west wing sr staff. I think that CJ is going to be new chief of staff, and that the little clip of Toby handing over his letter of resignation is just because he will be promoted to Josh's position as deputy chief of staff or maybe CJ's position (although I couldnt see Toby dealing with the press corps).

I just want josh and donna to fall in love for goodness sakes!!!

Last edited:

Antilles

Medalist
I wonder if John Spencer is leaving altogether, or if he will still be around as an unofficial advisor. I wish they'd move Will back to the president's staff. His character is extremely boring since they moved him to the VP staff.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I agree that Will's character was more interesting on the prez's staff... but when sorkin left the show I dont think the new writers knew how to handle his development into a richer character. I wish rob lowe would come back too!

It will be interesting to see how the new additions (jimmy smitts will make his first apearance on the upcoming episode) will alter the dynamic... are they trying to extend the series past bartlet's administration?

Antilles

Medalist
I read an article recently that said they are looking to continue after Bartlett, since his term would be up mid next season. They are tossing around the ideas of another Democrat taking office (then they could keep some of the staff around), or they might even have a Republican president. (The only problem there is they would really have to clean house character-wise, which could really hurt viewership.)

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
CJ is my absolute favorite character, so I'm thrilled that she'll get a chance to do something different (although I will miss her pithy remarks at the press briefings).

I know from TV guide that someone completely new is going to take over as Press Secretary - a young woman. So I doubt Toby is pissed about that. Let's face it, Josh and Toby outranked CJ. They were her bosses. Now she's going to be their boss. Toby's ego is probably the reason for the resigning - which I bet he'll take back. And this shuffle may help bring Will back into the fold. We'll see. Hope Margaret stays on as CJ's assistant. (But what will happen to poor Carol? Guess she'll aid the new Press Secretary).

I know a lot of people say West Wing has jumped the shark since Sorkin left, but I'm a die-hard that will watch to the end. I'm very intrigued by the thought of them changing the administration altogether. What a challenge it would be.

Antilles

Medalist
Maybe they'll move that new aid, umm she's blond... is it Mary McCormack, over to press secretary? She's fairly new, and shown in the opening credits. I also hope Margaret sticks around. She's funny.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Antilles said:
Maybe they'll move that new aid, umm she's blond... is it Mary McCormack, over to press secretary? She's fairly new, and shown in the opening credits. I also hope Margaret sticks around. She's funny.

In the TV Guide for Weds 11/17, the description includes:

New Press Secretary Annabeth Schott (Kristen Chenoweth) must fight off the general impression that she's too young for the job.

Here's some info on Chenoweth:
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/89365.html