NHK Trophy - Results - Ladies Free Skate | Golden Skate

NHK Trophy - Results - Ladies Free Skate

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks SailorGalaxia518! đź‘Ť

Had left my computer on after the third skater, then drove out to get a late night snack, and when I came back I "refreshed" my browser in order to see that two of my FAV skaters were 2nd & 3rd respectively (i.e. Miki Ando & Yoshie Onda). Couldn't believe my eyes & was ecstatic ~ dancing around, etc. (lol) ~ computer stated that both Miki & Shizuka were the only ones to score over 170+ points in total, meaning they had blown away the field! Also, Yoshie Onda was third best with 148+ total points. I was sooooo happy that both of my FAV skaters had medalled. But then my joy went to bafflement when a blank screen came up for about 5 minutes, only to reveal that the scores/names had been changed around with Elena Sokolova placing third with those points I just stated. Ah well, at least Miki medalled, but I feel so sad for Yoshie Bear. :cry: On the bright side, Yoshie was third best in the FS, likewise Miki was 1st in the FS. :rock:

Interesting, the 1st & 2nd place finishers at the NHK Trophy have the highest points scored throughout the Sr. Grand Prix so far, as follows:

SKATE AMERICA

Angela Nikodinov -- 1st (149.50 points in total; 53.62 SP; 95.88 FS)
Cynthia Phaneuf -- 2nd (144.40 pts. in total; 50.20 SP; 94.20 FS)
Miki Ando -- 3rd (142.64 pts. in total; 53.64 SP; 89.00 FS)

SKATE CANADA

Cynthia Phaneuf -- 1st (159.66 points in total; 57.76 SP; 101.90 FS)
Yoshie Onda -- 2nd (151.54 pts. in total; 52.16 SP; 99.38 FS)

NHK TROPHY

Shizuka Arakawa -- 1st (179.06 points in total; 64.20 SP; 114.86 FS)
Miki Ando -- 2nd (170.36 pts. in total; 50.90 SP; 119.46 FS)
Elena Sokolova -- 3rd (148.76 pts. in total; 52.98 SP; 95.78 FS)
Yoshie Onda -- 4th (146.68 pts. in total; 46.46 SP; 100.22 FS)

***Note: personal best for Yoshie Onda in the FS at NHK (though she scored her overall highest pts. thus far @ Skate Canada). Furthermore, Miki Ando scores her personal best in ALL sections @ NHK. Not only that, but she's the one that has set the standard for the highest score in the FS throughout the Sr. Grand Prix thus far!!!***

Peace & Love, Nadine

:cool:WTG, LADIES!!!!:agree:

qoo

Rinkside
HAPPY for MIKI! :love:

I was worrying about her going for the quad again.. but glad she tried triple sal instead. Her performance today was the best I have ever seen from her. She nailed every jumps and although she seemed a bit stiff she overcame the pressure and even beat Shizuka for the LP. I'm really happy to know that if Miki does flawless program, judges will reward her under this new COP. Really well done Miki! đź‘Ť

Nadine

Record Breaker
Geez, this is now the second time I've written a long post, only to lose it all when clicking on "Submit Reply"..... :mad:

EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING:

OMG!!!! :eek:

Just now downloaded Miki Ando's FS from rinkside.org, and was literally blown away by it (no lie)! This woman just keeps getting better & better ~ it's scarey ~ but in a good way. Furthermore, have never seen an audience so captivated by a skater except Sarah Hughes LP at the Olympics, and also Michelle Kwan at Nationals when she skates to perfection. That's honestly what it felt like -- the audience holding its breath in awe & anticipation as Miki skated (btw standing room only; it was jampacked) -- especially when she landed her jumps. The opening 3Z/3R/2T received the biggest ovation of the night (right on target w/the majestic music as well). Also, her other jumps (i.e. 3S, 3F, 3T, 3R, 2A) received applause, especially the ending 3Z (it's like the audience let out its breath b/c it was her last jump; her 7th btw). Not to forget to mention that her straightline footwork had the crowd clapping along loudly with her as she executed it wonderfully to accompanying music. Btw, her spirals & spins have improved both in strength & steadiness. She truly deserved the only Standing-O of the night (can't wait to see this one on t.v.)! :agree:

***Note: Miki skated a clean skate -- no deductions whatsoever -- received full credit on ALL her jumps, including the powerhouse 3Z/3R/2T (no one else in the world does this btw).*** :rock:

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. Read on the 'net that Miki stated that she decided not to do the 4S after the practice sesson (smart move, especially considering the COP double whammied her for it last time, though I hope she doesn't give it up all together b/c it's exciting to see). Also, heard that Yuka Sato stated that Miki seemed to have learned how to integrate the program (not just the jumps) in one night. In other words, she has learned to skate to the music! :cool:

ONE MORE THING: Shizuka Arakawa had a good skate, just not great -- 3Z/2T, 3S/3T(clean), 3F(fall), 3R, 3T/2T, 3Z(2footed), 2A -- 6 triples completed with 1.0 deduction off for the fall. Hmm, wonder if the two-footed 3Z was counted or not???

Last edited:

lavender

Record Breaker
Well Shiz has nothing to worry about. If she skates clean she won't have to worry about a clean Miki even with 7 triples with combos.

mesmerized... :laugh:

Hikaru

Final Flight
whaaaaaa I can't wait to see this competition! I'm happy to hear that Miki is doing good, and really putting everything together in her skating. Good for her!