Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NHK Trophy - Results - Men's Free Skate - LIVE!!!!!!!

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar
    Here is the link to the results page:

http://www.isufs.org/results/gpjpn04/SEG002.HTM

Here is the link to the overall standings:

http://www.isufs.org/results/gpjpn04/CAT001RS.HTM

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar
    Tell me what you thought about this. I would really like some feedback

I liked it very much! thanks for posting live!

as for the results, I'm very happy for Johnny. If I'm not mistaken he is the skater who has received the highest scores in the short and free skate, AND overall, throughout the first 3 GP events. Impresive!

Amazing for Li moving from 8th place in the SP to take the bronze medal. Good for him!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Amazing for Li moving from 8th place in the SP to take the bronze medal. Good for him!
    I was 5th place overall. His component score was very low. I have to wait to see the performance to make judgement.

Oops! I was looking at Li's FS placement. He did, in fact, place 5th overall. Oh, well. Still, an excellent effort.

It's all about Plushenko.
    Takeshi Honda's an amazing skater and it's a shame that he was injured last season and hasn't been skating great this season.

Thanks SG518! Great job and very easy to understand your reports . Congratulations to Johnny, Tim, and Frederic. Takeshi and Mike. Was this a scoring event for any of the medalists?

It appears that Johnny is the solid winner with scores higher in every sector of the scoring. I was happy to see Tim hanging in there.

Unfortunately, I think this was not Johnny's scoring event. He still has France (think Joubert) and Russia (think Plushenko and Griazev).

Sailor: thanks for the run through, but time difference I couldn't follow it live. Please continue this though, I do appreciate it.

Joe

Custom Title
    WOW, congratulations to Johnny Weir!!!

Minam at FSUniverse

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...5&pagenumber=1

describes Weir´s skating in gala e.g. by these words: " It's like music notes wearing skates." It is excellenty put, in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    Unfortunately, I think this was not Johnny's scoring event. He still has France (think Joubert) and Russia (think Plushenko and Griazev).
    Joe
    In France Johnny competes against Joubert, Sandhu and Goebel, in Russia against Plushenko AND Joubert. I don´t think Griazev (not among top ten in Dortmund) who has been injured this fall, is needing any "thinking", LOL, but of course I could be wrong....

Marjaana
    Last edited by Jaana; 11-07-2004 at 09:20 AM.

Great set of posts, SailorG. Are you there? I love live reporting.

Unfortunately, this competition came on past my bedtime, so I'm just now reading about it, LOL. Excellent work, even so.

Mathman

Rogue Leader
    Nice for Johnny. He won by a sizeable margin. Seems like Weiss had a meltdown. Do skaters have to assign their scoring events before they see the other competitors? This one seemed like it would be easier competition for Johnny than his next two. He may end up with the same luck T&M had for a couple of years. They kept picking the wrong events for scoring.

Custom Title
    If Weir is getting marks like that without a quad people had better watch out.Congrats to him!

Custom Title
    WOW! Weir has the highest SP (74.05), FS (146. 20) AND combined score (220.25) yet in the GP, with NO quad. Sandhu's FS score with a quad combo at Skate Canada was the closest (144.0).

What Weir has over Eman is TWO CLEAN performances. Sandhu was 7th in the SP at SC with an anemic 60.17 score.

Unfortunately, Weir's score won't count, since this was his non-scoring event. Personally, I think Weir SHOULD have gone ahead and tried the quad in his NHK FS. If he had failed on it, he would probably have finished 2nd to Goebel, but this was the event to try it. It will cost him a lot more to try and fail at LeBomp, where he faces Joubert, Sandhu and Goebel and where he MUST medal to make the GPF, or at Cup of Russia, where he faces both Joubert and Plushenko.

has anybody read the judges detail score (with the elements and stuff)?? I'm reading it, but there are some things I don't understand, and I was hoping that if any of you did, you could explain them to me

1. On the executed element, when they write something like 3A+3T, is that a combination jump?

2. When they write something like 3A+3T+3LO, is that a combination jump?

3. What does it mean when they write this (is it a jump sequence or a jump combination, or is it something else):

a) 3S+2T+SEQ
    b) 3Lz+COMBO

4) Aside from the difference of the jumps, of course, what is the difference between 3Lz+COMBO and 3A+3T+3LO? Are those two jump combinations?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast