Michael Phelps arrested for DUI | Golden Skate

Michael Phelps arrested for DUI

rockababy

Spectator
I was so shocked at first I didn't believe it. It's a big let down to all the kids who looked up to him.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
This is totally shocking and unacceptable. This guy's photo is PLASTERED all over RG Jr.'s door to her room. :p :mad:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I would have expected this much later...like when his career was over and he was going through a post-swimming-career-crisis. I can't believe this happened only a few months after his incredible Olympic experience. I guess we already know what some of the fluff pieces will be about in 2008! I hope he learns from this and bounces back. He isn't "dead in the water" yet. Everyone makes mistakes and he could be an even better role model in the end.....if he cuts out the drinking & driving and proves this was an isolated incident!

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Young handsom olympic hotshots seem to do this... reminds me of Johnny Mosley getting striped of his medals because he tested positive for weed. I saw some little montages during that made me be concerned that he wasnt mature enough for all this spectacle... like all he wanted was a giant escalade. Maybe I'm just different but if I had all these endorsements at his age I would invest or save them so that I would never have to work again if i didnt want to... escalades can come later.

Jenna

Spectator
Longhornliz said:
Young handsom olympic hotshots seem to do this... reminds me of Johnny Mosley getting striped of his medals because he tested positive for weed.

You're thinking of Ross Rebagliati, the Canadian snowboarder.

Phelp's poor judgement is going to follow him around everywhere now, even if he keeps his nose clean from now on.