Which female figure skater do you believe is the most elegant and artistic? | Golden Skate

Which female figure skater do you believe is the most elegant and artistic?

Who do you think the most elegant and artistic skater is?

• Total voters

IcePrincess

Rinkside
Which female figure skater do you believe is the most elegant and artistic?

Who do you think is the most graceful and elegant and artistic skater? :rock: :p :yes: :biggrin:

Germanice

On the Ice
I've voted for Oksana, but they're numerous others, Lu Chen, Fumie Suguri,
Maria Butyrskaya, Susanna Pokyo, Sasha Cohen ... :biggrin: :yes:

Anke

First of all I am talking style and not the best skaters.

In present times, I easily see a toss up between Angela Nikidinov and Vika Volchkova. Both look like they are from a Tolstoy novel.

In past times, I think it would be Dorothy.

Joe

diamondqueen

On the Ice
Which female skater is the most elegant and artistic?

I voted for Michelle Kwan, who else would I pick. She is my favorite. I also love Peggy Fleming and Dorothy Hamill, they are beautiful skaters with lots of elegance and aritistic style :love:

diamond :rofl:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I voted for "other" because my three favorite ladies who also happen to be the ones I feel are the most elegant and artistic aren't listed...that would be Kristi Yamaguchi :), Sasha Cohen :) and Nicole Bobek :)! I would add Lu Chen to the list too! :)

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I voted Peggy Fleming she was always very elegant when she skated. Her skating is what got me interested in figure skating when I was a kid.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
This is a tough one. There have been so many great artistic ladies in this sport. The best for me were/are Peggy Fleming, Oksana Baiul, Chen Lu and of course the one I voted for...Michelle Kwan.

Kasey

Medalist
Um, Tara Lipinski????!!!!! :rofl:

Sorry, had to get that out of my system! Where is Lu Chen, Yuka Sato, Yukina Ota, Kristi Yamaguchi, Katia Gordeeva???????

Kasey

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
My vote was for Fleming. Lynn is my favorite Ladies' skater, and while I would call her artistic, I wouldn't call her elegant.

The only women skating now whose style I would call elegant are in pairs or dance: Berezhnaia, Borzenkova, Berankova, Tiffany Steigler, and Grushina, who manages to show it, even when put in over-the-top choreography. Elizabeth Putnam has her moments, too. Depending on the dance, Kati Winkler could be, and Sasha Cohen did a wonderfully elegant personification of Audrey Hepburn in her COI My Fair Lady routine.

I think the most elegant singles skater is Neil Wilson of Great Britain, a real throwback to the 60's and 70's, although I haven't seen Roman Serov.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Kasey said:
Um, Tara Lipinski????!!!!! :rofl:

Sorry, had to get that out of my system!

Kasey

Kasey, I just had to laugh when I read your comment. I thought the same thing! :laugh: :sheesh:

As for my vote, well I started watching it when the '02 Olympics came around but I wasn't drawn to Kristi's artistry. I was drawn more to Midori although her presentation was not so great; she had me by her jumps and her sweet demeanor.

However, that all changed when I chanced upon a little jumping bean in '94. Michelle Kwan:) Ok I wasn't even blown away by her presentation either then yet when '96 rolled around she's had my heart and my attention ever since.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yuka Sato, Angela Nikodinov, Kristi Yamaguchi, Katia Gordeeva, Nicole Bobek, Josee Chouinard all come to mind so I chose other

Vash01

Medalist
Elena Berezhnaya and Katia Gordeeva are among the most elegant lady skaters in pairs, as also Marina Klimova, Maya Usova, and Natalia Annenko the ice dancers were also very elegant.

This thread is about singles, however. I picked Oksana Baiul, but I would have also picked Chen Lu, Sasha Cohen and Yukina Ota had they been on the list.

Also Caryn Kadavy is a very elegant skater, one of my faves. Also Angela Nikodinov.

No offense, but I was shocked to see Sarah Hughes and Tara Lipinski on the list, but not Chen Lu and Sasha Cohen (Yukina Ota, though my most favorite in terms of elegance, is still not at worlds level).

Vash

Last edited:

IcePrincess

Rinkside
Why aren't Tara and Sarah artistic? Both of their Olympic performances were beautiful, elegant, and graceful. No one really believed in them, but now they have Olympic Gold medals! :biggrin: They are so talented I just had to have them on my list! :agree: Go Tara and Sarah! :rock: