Which female figure skater do you believe is the most elegant and artistic? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Which female figure skater do you believe is the most elegant and artistic?

Who do you think the most elegant and artistic skater is?

• Total voters

Vash01

Medalist
I am surprised that Michelle Kwan has so many votes on this thread, considering the other skaters that are listed. She is a very complete skater, but somehow I don't think of her as 'elegant'....may be because she has so many other qualities too.

Bijoux

Match Penalty
ITA with this list - all 4 are tops

purplecat said:
I voted for "other" because my three favorite ladies who also happen to be the ones I feel are the most elegant and artistic aren't listed...that would be Kristi Yamaguchi :), Sasha Cohen :) and Nicole Bobek :)! I would add Lu Chen to the list too! :)
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

sk8addict

On the Ice
Tara?

Kasey said:
Um, Tara Lipinski????!!!!! :rofl:

Sorry, had to get that out of my system! Where is Lu Chen, Yuka Sato, Yukina Ota, Kristi Yamaguchi, Katia Gordeeva???????

Kasey
I agree!! Tara the queen of the flutz? Of coarse this list must have been compiled by a kuanatic since Sasha was blatently left off!

klykhorkina

Spectator
OMG. I can't believe Michelle kwan won this. She is from far the best.

You didn't mention Luu Chen, HOW DARE YOU!!!

I hate Michelle Kwan!!!

guinevere

Final Flight
There are several I would have to pick from for most artistic - Kwan being my favorite. But for most elegant, I would say Dorothy Hamill, hands down.

Lanie

On the Ice
Sasha! But I'm a Sasha fan. :)

Angela Nikodinov also has this amazingly elegant quality to her skating. Her 2001 Sleeping Beauty made me want to cry. So gorgeous.

I would probably say Dorothy Hamill or Peggy Fleming if I've seen their performances. Oksana never knocked my socks off, but I was only 8 when I watched 1994 Olympics. Heh.

donnar0226

Rinkside
IcePrincess said:
Why aren't Tara and Sarah artistic? Both of their Olympic performances were beautiful, elegant, and graceful. No one really believed in them, but now they have Olympic Gold medals! :biggrin: They are so talented I just had to have them on my list! :agree: Go Tara and Sarah! :rock:

I think someone names Trixie Schuba also one an Olympic Gold Medal--and I don't remember reading about her being elegant and graceful! I think the problem with the list is that it didn't include some that definitely more elegant and graceful than Tara or Sarah--even tho their Olympic skates were great, Tara's especially would be better described as enthusiastic and athletic--much the same for Sarah. I also wouldn't put Nancy on that list--more workmanlike to me!

I would go with Sasha, Caryn K, Jill T, Kristi Y, Rosalynn for my votes.

sk91fs

Spectator
Yu-Na Kim:rock:

This young lady is not only beautiful but also artistic and elegant!
Be aware, you will see her style soon in Junior Worlds 2006.

Stars on Ice

Rinkside
Irina Slutskaya!

But then again, where's Kristi Yamaguchi and Ekaterina Gordeeva?! But I still think Slutskaya is at the top! xx