Angela Nikodinov Finds Strength Within | Golden Skate

Angela Nikodinov Finds Strength Within

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Good for her!! Thanx for posting that here. That is an awesome article and I am SOOO pulling for her to do great when she competes in China this week. She's been through an awful lot and to know that she is working so hard to make a comeback is wonderful. I will be cheering hard for her come Nats in Portland! She is definitely an inspiration to persevere in everything you do, no matter what comes at you. Good luck Angela. Rock it out in China!!! :rock:

Eeyora

Final Flight
I can't believe how much this girl has been through. I have always loved her skating. I hope she continues to build strength and both physically and mentally. I hate watching her crumble. I wish her the best of luck this season and next year as well.

Good Luck Angela!!!

IDLERACER

Medalist
What a major babe! Even if she never wins another medal, she should have no trouble getting work as a model. Click on :love: THIS :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good article:

I have to be honest and say that I want BOTH Jennifer Kirk & Angela Nikodinov for that third spot for the Olympics, and will be cheering for each respectively (no lie). They've BOTH been through a lot these past few years, with Jennifer losing her mother to cancer (also having surgery on her hip; same injury as Tara Lipinski btw) and Angela her coach to the same disease (also had surgery on her shoulder). And Angela's face at the last Olympics is still vivid in my memory. Added to that she is older than Jennifer, thus this is mostly likely her last chance at making The Olympic Team. May the best athlete on that day rise to the occasion & persevere! :)

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. Btw, in retrospect, I am glad that Angela won at Skate America (no lie). I was just mad at the time that one of my all-time FAVS, Miki Ando, was treated so harshly for attempting the Quad (i.e. double whammied for it). Because of this, I'm not sure she'll continue to go for it, which is sad (especially considering the risk doesn't pay off). šŸ‡³šŸ‡“ JMHO.

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
thisthingcalledlove said:
She looks beautiful in that pic! Pasha looks strange...
Pasha? that's Oksana. (Pasha used to be Oksana, but I don't recall Oksana ever calling herself Pasha)

jesslily

Final Flight
I love Angelar's skating, good jumping technique and great layback spin. If she determines to make the Olympic team 2006, maybe she will, and gives more chance to mature lady to win the gold. In 1998 Olympic, Nicole Bobek did very poor in Japan. Angelar was 4th at Nationals and did not make the team. I feel if Angelar got the chance to go, she definitely wouldn't finish 17th.

heyang

Record Breaker
I think 'Pasha' went back to Oksana G.

I always thought the name change was vanity. She changed from Oksana Grishuk to Pasha because she did not want to be identified as Oksana Bauil. I say vanity because Oksana G dyed her hair blond which made her look more like Oksana B. Pasha then announced that she changed her name because she didn't want to be tarred by Oksana B's behavior. I found this ironic because 'Pasha' had already had an affair with Sasha Zhulin who was then married to Maia Usova.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Oksana G. has said that she changed her name to Pasha because she could not handle the disappointment in people's eyes when they realized that she was NOT Okasana Baiul, but the OTHER Oksana. It had nothing to do with how she felt about Oksana B. (who, I believe, she once referred to as "a fat hasbeen").

Pasha means "fire" and she said that was appropriate for her personality. She has since returned to "Oksana."

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
My mistake, LOL

I remember reading once that Pasha G never really changed her name legally to Pasha...that's how, I guess, she was able to return to Oksana G...

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
jesslily said:
I love Angelar's skating, good jumping technique and great layback spin. If she determines to make the Olympic team 2006, maybe she will, and gives more chance to mature lady to win the gold. In 1998 Olympic, Nicole Bobek did very poor in Japan. Angelar was 4th at Nationals and did not make the team. I feel if Angelar got the chance to go, she definitely wouldn't finish 17th.

Was it Angela who was 4th in 98, or was it Kwiatkowski? I keep forgetting...cos I remember Kwiatkowski ended up going to worlds when both Tara and Nicole bowed out. The USFSA didn't want to ask Angela cos she was on vacation in Bulgaria and they didn't know how hard she'd been training...

If Angela was in fact 4th back in 1998, it must be devastating, to come so close to TWO Olympic teams...

Eeyora

Final Flight
Angela finished fifth at nationals in 98. One spot lower than 97 when she was fourth.