Hamilton has brain tumor | Golden Skate

Hamilton has brain tumor

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I saw that! I can't believe it! I hope he'll be ok-he's sure gone through enough! :disapp:

Eeyora

Final Flight
OMG! I am in complete shock. I feel so bad. This poor guy has been through so many health problems throughout his life. It is so unfair considering how much good he has done for others :cry:

I hope he recovers

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Being benign is good... but you gotta think that ANY kinda tumor in your BRAIN is not a good thing. My thoughts are with him!!!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank goodness it's benign! May Scott have a full & speedy recovery!

Benign is not as bad as malingnant. But it's not good. The article suggests that it is already affecting his eyesight. If it interfers with pituitary function, that could cause lots of problems.

The article does not say what kind of treatment -- if any -- is available.

God bless you, Scott. :love: You have brought the joy of skating to millions. The cheerfulness and courage that you bring to bear against the challenges and vicissitudes of life is an inspiration to everyone.

Mathman

This poor guy has really had more than his share of health problems. Whether it's begine or malignant, he needs a to have a top rated surgeon to cut it out with extreme care. The slightest slip will screw up another part of the body even though the cancer was removed. I think now, sugeons have lazers can zero in on the cancer and perfectly remove the problem without disturbing the neighboring matter. Think Lance Armstrong, and a prayer for Scott is in order.

Joe

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I can't believe it. I wonder if this has any connection to his cancer scare in 97? God bless you Scotty...........42

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I hate cancer.

This is hard news to hear. Scott's in my prayers, as are many other people who are dealing with cancer right now.
I recently helped to raise just over $3,000 for breast cancer research - I felt moved to do so because I've lost so many people to breast cancer. Meanwhile, one of my best friends is undergoing chemo and radiation therapy for a tumor in his throat that the doctor thought was benign. It wasn't.
I don't even know Scott, but it still feels like hearing about a scary diagnosis for a family member.
Damn.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thoughts and prayers to Scott...

This is very sad news. He has certainly been a great example of someone who tackles life's challenges with a very positive outlook. I hope God gives him a break for awhile once he gets past this one.

Best wishes Scott...

DG

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Good Luck, Scott. He's been through so much during his life but he is a fighter & I'm confident he will win this battle, too.

My heart sank when I read this, but I'm so thankful it's benign. I hope Scott will pull thru whatever they do to treat this.
Wishing you all the best, Scotty!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
OMG....

this is so not what I wanted to come home to... am definately praying... *sigh*

*hugs to Scott and his family*

John King

Final Flight
Actress Sandy Duncan also had some sort of growth behind her eye,causing her excruciating headaches.The removal of it saved her health,but it left her blind in one eye(NOT a glass eye,as gossip has it).I hope he never faces anything of that sort.My thoughts are with you,Scott.

Hermione_Granger

On the Ice
Oh my God . . . . 🇳🇴
I hope he receives the best care possible and won't have
any long term effects from it.

(((Good thoughts for Scott))) :rock: :biggrin:

S

SkateFan4Life

Joesitz said:
This poor guy has really had more than his share of health problems. Whether it's begine or malignant, he needs a to have a top rated surgeon to cut it out with extreme care. The slightest slip will screw up another part of the body even though the cancer was removed. I think now, sugeons have lazers can zero in on the cancer and perfectly remove the problem without disturbing the neighboring matter. Think Lance Armstrong, and a prayer for Scott is in order.

Joe

A prayer for Scott is definitely in order. Thank God the tumor is benign, but as you wrote, Joe, the surgeons must be extremely careful in removing the tumor, as it is located in the brain. If the tumor is located deep inside the brain, they must cut through layers of precious brain cells. Unless other cells, brain cells do not regenerate - once they're gone, they're gone. I dread to think if this operation could affect Scott's sight, hearing, speech, or cognitive ability.

The poor guy has been through SO MUCH already - from his childhood health problems to his couragous 1997 battle with cancer. Enough is enough, I should think.

All the the best to you, Scott! God bless.

heyang

Record Breaker
Wow. This really sucks. Fortunately, he has the support of his wife, family, friends and fans.

In most cases, doctors try to remove any abnormal growths because there is the possibility that they can mutate into something malignant. If the growth is monitorable, they will leave it alone - moles for example.

Obviously, there are already effects and I'm sure they will make the best effort to remove the tumor.