About Michael | Golden Skate

About Michael

H

hrmsk8ngnutt

Re: About Michael

I could really do some bashing, but I'll resist. It looks like he's trying to stay positive and perhaps he just wants to leave on a good note when he finally does. It really hasn't been a bad year for him: he regained the National Title, he won his first Grand Prix event, and he won his qualifying round. If he really wants to stick around, he'll need to make some changes. The first one would be to hire a real choreographer back. Why doesn't he work with Brian Wright again? I mean really, the programs he and Lisa have done are just awful. His best short programs were the 98 Olympic program (Jesse Cook guitar) and his 2000 short to On The Waterfront. If I'm not mistaken, Brian Wright did these programs. He'll need to really train and get rid of the hypnotherapist. Plus, he should hire a publicist so that he doesn't continue to stick his foot in his mouth. Just MOHO, of course.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

D

Dee4707

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><strong>One mistake</strong> in superb program puts Mike in fourth at Worlds[/quote]

Just one? Hmmm-mmmm

Dee

L

lovespirals

He frustrates me as an athlete. I thougt his '98 Oly SP was the best as far as choreography in the whole field but he threw it away on his triple axle so I stopped watching him compete.

I just thought some of the website statements had a detachment from reality to it.

M

mike79

He's staying in? Doesn't he realize that time has passed him by already?

Has he already rented the Hummer for next year?

L

lovespirals

yup, he's staying in. I knew this wouldn't be his last year. I'm really out of it because I didn't know he fired Audrey Weisiger. That was a real shame.

J

Jules Asner

All these weird Michael stories really makes me miss Johnny Weir and Matt Savoie.

W

WindSpirit5

I don't have a problem with the website. After all it was his main victory this season. It's the rest of Michael Weiss that confuses me. He is a good skater and I enjoy watching him. Maybe if he put more energy in skating and less in talking, he would be fine. He's rather inconsistent and that tires people. His big mouth doesn't help. He must have felt pretty bad in that big limousine yesterday...

K

Kasey

I'm glad that he is able to maintain a positive mindset...not sure what was with him last night....but he definately had that "deer in the headlights" look....Just a bit of a crack under pressure?? I hope that he has himself a few more solid competitions to go out on...Kasey

E

ElvisStojkofan

I agree with someone that said that the 1998 Short Program was the best ever, it had a great choreagraphy and everything that makes it a great program.

Some people are annoyed by his comments, I am sure when he retires from amateur they will miss him..lol

A

anastasiabeaverhoussen

Michael Weiss

I liked the short program Michael Weiss did at the worlds this year. Aside from the mistake I think it was one of the best.

P

Princess Leppard 625

Re: Michael Weiss

One mistake in his short? Did he forget his usual two-footed quad????

So that's two mistakes. And I felt he was held up in the QR, since both quads were two footed, but that could just be me.

Laura :)

L

Ladskater

He should contact Sandra Bezic (look what she did for Brian Boitano) or Lori Nichol - he needs some better quality programs (not to mention costumes).

Ladskater