What day are you celebrating Thanksgiving? | Golden Skate

What day are you celebrating Thanksgiving?

Johar

Medalist
Normally we do it on Thursday, but my brother has to work at the paper Wed, Thursday and Friday, so we will hold it on Saturday. Plus they will let mom leave the nursing home and my nephew will be over.

Ok, what foods will you be serving? We will have turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, salad and pie.

PS--never get a job at a paper if you really cherish having the holidays off! ;)

LegalGirl82

On the Ice
Thursday for us. I'll be at my aunt and uncle's house. My parents live within walking distance of my aunt (my mother's sister) and uncle. One of my two brothers and my cousin will be there as well. We had a lot of extra visitors last year, but this year it will be just the 7 of us.

As for foods, my aunt is very traditional, so it will be all the usual suspects. There may be a pasta dish for my dad, because he doesn't like turkey! And I will be making peanut soup.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Thursday. But only one daughter and family is coming and one grandson and family. :sheesh:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Thursday is the day. Unfortunately my oldest son got a new job and has to work Thanksgiving. All well :sheesh:

IDLERACER

Medalist
I was born on Thanksgiving (November 28th, 1957), so that's when I usually celebrate it...if at all. :sheesh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thursday, it will be here and mom dad and the brat will be here... then on Friday we'll all drive down to Kenai (cept Judy, she's gotta work) and I will spend the weekend there as Erin is coming home!!!!!! so I have to go for the beginning of the Christmas Festivities on Friday night and heck any Sunday I can spend at my home church is a good one! :rofl:

Johar

Medalist
We've always "had" to do thanksgiving at our house. Even when my grandparents were alive and healthy they never offered to do it. They would always ask, "When shall we be over?"

To me I think of Thanksgiving as an exhausting holiday. Food to fix, serve and clean up afterwards. The males never did anything except sit around and watch football.

It would be nice if for once somebody offered to do it, though my relatives all live far away.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'll be at my aunt & uncle's on Thursday. They usually make a turkey and roast beef and a couple of side dishes. Now that us kids are grown up and some have kids, we all tend to contribute side dishes.

This year, I plan to make stuffing and a spanokapita. My Sister-in-law will bring Filipino eggrolls. My cousin's family was planning pies and cookies, but may not be able to because of doctor's visits. (one of her children has been undergoing treatment for leukemia for about 16 months - only another 8 to go). Not sure what my other 2 cousins will contribute.

There used to be more of us, but some are now married and alternate the holidahs and others have moved out of the area.

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
Thursday. I was going to go to my grandmothers for a traditional Thanksgiving, but she has "other plans" so my boyfriend's aunt invited me over for dinner:) it was sooo sweet

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thursday at my house. My mom will make the 40 minute drive and it will be her, hubby, and our two sons. I usually fix both turkey and ham (mom doesn't like turkey)......wow, haven't even thought about a dessert yet!!! 42

FrozenSkates

Spectator
Asian Style!

My aunt used to do it all the time, but she stopped now that she is busy with her business. I'm asian, and our family celebrates Thanksgiving the asian way! Haha. Meaning fried rice, egg rolls, maybe a duck or pig, steamed veggies, crepes, some sort of fruit dessert. Yeah, its not traditional, but all that matters is that we are all together. I've been away at college, and cannot wait to get home and eat my mothers food!

Hermione_Granger

On the Ice
We'll be celebrating at home. :) A few things we'll be having
with dinner is cole slaw, mashed potatos,dinner rolls, pumpkin
pie *yum*, and a few other things as well.
Just thinking about this makes me hungry ! :laugh:

--Hermy

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I'll be celebrating on thursday with my mom and dad (I have a really small family, and we rarely get together with the extended relatives on legitimate holidays).

I'm really looking forward to thanksgiving this year because last year my mom was in the hospital and we ate indian food in her room because it was the only resturant that was open.

Also I'm supposed to play a bigger role in the preparation this year because im almost a "grown up"... we'll see how that goes.

Johar- Both my folks work at the paper and they were able to get plenty of time off on or around the holidays. I hope you have a great holiday (thanksgiving is fun no matter when you celebrate it.)