Trophee Eric Bompard - Pair's Free Skate - LIVE!!!!! | Golden Skate

Trophee Eric Bompard - Pair's Free Skate - LIVE!!!!!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Hi everyone. I will be able to post marks as they come up for the pair's free skate.
I should be able to do LIVE coverage of the entire Cup of Russia so don't miss it.
Anyway's here are the standings after the short program:

1. Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao (CHN)
2. Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov (RUS)
3. Qing Pang and Jian Tong (CHN)

As some of you have already heard, Anabelle Langlois and Patrice Archetto have withdrawn do to the flu virus :cry:

The first skaters up are: Nicole Noenning and Matthias Bleyer (GER) who are in 9th place with a total of 40.86 points

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This is an extremely strong field. It looks like the "best of the best" this year are here........42

Hikaru

Final Flight
OOOOOH! Too bad for Langlois/Archetto :cry:
I'm glued to my computer screen now!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Nicole Noenning and Matthias Bleyer (GER)

Technical Elements = 35.72
Program Componants = 34.32
Free Skate Total = 69.04 (1.00 deduction)

Grand Total = 109.90

Up next: Julia Beloglazova and Andrei Bekh (UKR) who are in 8th with a total of 41.74 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Julia Beloglazova and Andrei Bekh (UKR)

Technical Elements = 43.10
Program Componants = 35.28
Free Skate Total = 78.38

Grand Total = 120.12

Currently 1st

Up next: Julia Shapiro and Vadim Akolzin (ISR) who are in 10th place with a total of 35.76 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Julia Shapiro and Vadim Akolzin (ISR)

Technical Elements = 36.08
Program Componants = 30.96
Free Skate Total = 66.04 (1.00 deduction)

Grand Total = 101.80

Currently 3rd

1. Beloglazova/Bekh (UKR)
2. Noenning/Bleyer (GER)
3. Shapiro/Akolzin (ISR)

Up next: Marylin Pla and Yannick Bonheur (FRA) who are in 7th with a total of 43.98 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Marylin Pla and Yannick Bonheur (FRA)

Technical Elements = 38.80
Program Componants = 37.52
Free Skate Total = 75.32 (1.00 deduction)

Grand Total = 119.30

Currently 2nd

1. Beloglazova/Bekh (UKR)
2. Pla/Bonheur (FRA)
3. Noenning/Bleyer (GER)

Up next: Kathryn Orscher and Garret Lucash (USA) (Langlois and Archetto was suppose to be next but withdrew due to illness) who are in 6th place with a total of 47.42 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Kathryn Orscher and Garrett Lucash (USA)

Technical Elements = 41.54
Program Componants = 43.04
Free Skate Total = 82.58 (2.00 deduction)

Grand Total = 130.00

Currently 1st

1. Orscher/Lucash (USA)
2. Beloglazova/Bekh (RUS)
3. Pla/Bonheur (FRA)

Up next: Viktoria Borzenkova and Andrei Chuvilaev (RUS) who are in 4th with a total of 49.66 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Viktoria Borzenkova and Andrei Chuvilaev (RUS)

Technical Elements = 53.70
Program Componants = 45.60
Free Skate Total = 99.30

Grand Total = 148.96

Currently 1st

1. Borzenkova/Chuvialev (RUS)
2. Orscher/Lucash (USA)
3. Beloglazova/Bekh (UKR)

Up next: Qing Pang and Jian Tong (CHN) who are in 3rd place with a total of 57.28 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Qing Pang and Jian Tong (CHN)

Technical Elements = 60.50 WOW!!!!
Program Componants = 58.32
Free Skate Total = 118.32

Grand Total = 176.10

Currently 1st

1. Pang/Tong (CHN)
2. Borzenkova/Chuvialiev (RUS)
3. Orscher/Lucash (USA)

Up next: Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao (CHN) who are in 1st with a total of 66.88 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao (CHN)

Technical Elements = 58.60
Program Componants = 62.64
Free Skate Total = 118.82

Grand Total = 176.10

Currently 1st

1. Shen/Zhao (CHN)
2. Pang/Tong (CHN)
3. Borzenkova/Chuvialiev (RUS)

The final skaters are: Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov (RUS) who are in 2nd with a total of 65.76

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov (RUS)

Technical Elements = 57.96
Program Componants = 56.80
Free Skate = 113.76

Grand Total = 179.52

2nd place

1. Shen/Zhao (CHN)
2. Petrova/Tikhonov (RUS)
3. Pang/Tong (CHN)

Congratulations to the medalists!!!!!!!

Note that Pang and Tong got higher technical element score than Shen and Zhao. :eek:

Eeyora

Final Flight
Thank you so much once again Sailor. I really appreciate your coverage. Even though I am not surprised with these results.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Why, Thank you :)

But seriously is anyone suprised that Pang and Tong got a higher technical score then Shen and Zhao????

Does that mean that Pang and Tong are back????

I like to know what is going on with Petrova and Tikhonov??????? It seems that there score for the short program was way to close to Shen and Zhao. I mean no disrespect, it's just that they might be making a personal comeback of their own.

brenlynn

On the Ice

unfortunetly... i don't think they ever went anywhere.

i strongly dislike this team, their skating leaves me :sheesh: i just feel they are overrated.

even if they didn't skate clean, they will still be held up. which was apparent after their not so great short program.

this entire competition seemed like quite a bit of a splatfest. a predicitble splatfest. pairs is becoming as predicitble as dance, and that's when it starts to turn me off and bores me. we need a little movement, a little variation. keeps things fresh.

i am happy for orscher & lucash though. while i know it's nowhere near their best, they still skated better than skate america which is a step in the right direction. plus, i'd rather have them bomb the GP series then bomb Nationals and not make it to 4CC and Worlds. so i am looking forward to what nationals will bring us for them, they have plenty of time now to go rework things before then. i'd rather have them peak later in the season then early on, which is what they always seem to do.

Last edited:

glow_girl85

Rinkside
brenlynn said:
unfortunetly... i don't think they ever went anywhere.

i strongly dislike this team, their skating leaves me :sheesh: i just feel they are overrated.

even if they didn't skate clean, they will still be held up. which was apparent after their not so great short program.

this entire competition seemed like quite a bit of a splatfest. a predicitble splatfest. pairs is becoming as predicitble as dance, and that's when it starts to turn me off and bores me. we need a little movement, a little variation. keeps things fresh.

i am happy for orscher & lucash though. while i know it's nowhere near their best, they still skated better than skate america which is a step in the right direction. plus, i'd rather have them bomb the GP series then bomb Nationals and not make it to 4CC and Worlds. so i am looking forward to what nationals will bring us for them, they have plenty of time now to go rework things before then. i'd rather have them peak later in the season then early on, which is what they always seem to do.
i completely agree with you about Pang and Tong. their skating doesn't do much for me. :sheesh:

3ggi3

Rinkside
SailorGalaxia518 said:
Why, Thank you :)

But seriously is anyone suprised that Pang and Tong got a higher technical score then Shen and Zhao????

I like to know what is going on with Petrova and Tikhonov??????? It seems that there score for the short program was way to close to Shen and Zhao. I mean no disrespect, it's just that they might be making a personal comeback of their own.

are you serious? woah that is really weird. If Pang could jump by herself, then maybe that would make more sense. :sheesh:

GO SHEN AND ZHAO! đź‘Ť

While Pang and Tong are still not yet at their peak, we should be looking at the other P and T who have been around for so many years, even winning one worlds. For me they haven't improved one iota. Their incredible difference in height alone make them look like an old fashion vaudeville adagio act. Much of what they do, they do well, and by the books. But can they show some emotion towards each other?

Joe

brenlynn

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
While Pang and Tong are still not yet at their peak, we should be looking at the other P and T who have been around for so many years, even winning one worlds. For me they haven't improved one iota. Their incredible difference in height alone make them look like an old fashion vaudeville adagio act. Much of what they do, they do well, and by the books. But can they show some emotion towards each other?

Joe

i assume you are talking about PetTikhs? i would have to totally agree. i don't like their skating at all either... they are so stonecold when skating. they to me are simply like two singles skaters skating on the same ice at the same time. i never understood what everyone saw in them. they do have amazing skating skills, i can give them that much. but for me... they just don't do it. Tatiana and Maxim are fair superior, as well are Obertas and Slanov.