Tonya Harding Boxing Photo | Golden Skate

Tonya Harding Boxing Photo

Lotta

On the Ice
Would not want to get into the same ring as her. :[

How far she has fallen......

What does that mean? I think she's doing something she probably likes.

S

SkateFan4Life

Lotta said:
Would not want to get into the same ring as her. :[

What does that mean? I think she's doing something she probably likes.

With all due respect, I doubt very much that boxing is Tonya's first choice for earning a living. The only thing she has ever done with excellence is figure skating, and she was one of the greatest jumpers of all time - the first and only American woman so far to land a triple axel in competition, etc. - a US Champion and World silver medalist (1991). Had Harding not been involved with the Kerrigan attack, she might have gone on to a successful pro skating career. I mean that she has "fallen" from the pedestal of Olympic figure skater to a second-tier boxer. And, not to be funny, but she has "fallen" from taking falls on the ice from missed jumps to taking falls on the boxing mat from hits from her opponents. :sheesh:

Just my own opinion, of course.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
I understand that figure skating is one of the more "genteel" sports, but I really hope that skating would just forgive her. If this was any other sport, she would've been forgiven already...

Glacierskater

On the Ice
It does not feel genteel
when my booty gets icy
from being the human Zamboni

thisthingcalledlove said:
I understand that figure skating is one of the more "genteel" sports, but I really hope that skating would just forgive her. If this was any other sport, she would've been forgiven already...

S

SkateFan4Life

Glacierskater said:
It does not feel genteel
when my booty gets icy
from being the human Zamboni

:rofl: :rofl: Touche!

Maybe Tonya could join the Detroit Pistons.....a few of the guys are now suspended, thanks to the free-for-all after last Friday night's basketball game.

Just kidding, of course!! :rofl:

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
SkateFan4Life said:
:rofl: :rofl: Touche!

Maybe Tonya could join the Detroit Pistons.....a few of the guys are now suspended, thanks to the free-for-all after last Friday night's basketball game.

Just kidding, of course!! :rofl:

I don't think she's tall enough LOL. But she can certainly give them a run for their money...with her left hook LOL

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
skatepixie said:
Well, we just have more class than the fans of other sports.

It's the same in every sport, Skatepixie. You have the classy crowds, and the classless crowds.

Then again, the scariest part of skating isnt the crowd; it's the skating mom. When I used to skate, I was more afraid of some of the other girls' moms than the coaches. :rofl:

S

SkateFan4Life

Ladskater said:
Let's hope Tonya does not get "punch drunk" from all that boxing!!

Well, I hope Tonya doesn't get "punchy" from spending too much time in the ring, as opposed to spending too much time in the rink. :rofl: