Plush in or out of CoR?? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Plush in or out of CoR??

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
According to a Russian friend, the author of the article has gotten all sorts of information wrong in the past, and is known to make up quotes. So please take the entire thing with a grain of salt.

Merci.

Laura :)

Vash01

Medalist
I think not doing the two shows in Europe really hurt him. He had a chance to practice his programs before an audience but could not, thanks to Speedy. I suspect he is not ready and does not want to compete against other top skaters when he is not ready. I would hate to not see him in COR, but I would hate even more to see him lose there and be downgraded to a 'has been'. That could hurt him at worlds.

Vash

BittyBug

On the Ice
Vash - In the unlikely event that Plushy were to skate and not do well, I still don't think that he would be downgraded to a "has been." He is the reigning world champion (for two years in a row), Olympic silver medalist, and he's Plushenko for goodness sakes! He has an amazing ability to deliver when it counts, so my bet would be that if he skates, he'll do very well.

euterpe

Medalist
If it's true this writer takes liberties with his interviews to 'spice up' stories, then I agree--take it with a grain of salt.

A 50% Plushenko could win this event, and I'm sure he's more than 50%. If he's seen Joubert's performances, he has to know he has nothing to worry about. Moreover, I think the RFSF would be pretty peeved if Plushenko didn't skate. Then he'd have not only Speedy mad at him, but his own federation---a tricky position to be in just 15 months before Torino.

BTW, for those who were worrying about Weir and his visa--he got it. He will arrive in Moscow tonight.