National Treasure (the movie) | Golden Skate

National Treasure (the movie)

Antilles

Medalist
Well, it was movie weekend for me. I saw this film this afternoon. It was decent. It had some good suspense and action. The acting was well done. Nicolas Cage was excellent, as always. It did get a little long winded though. It's not the highest on my list of recommendations, but it was a nice way to spend the afternoon.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks Antilles.........were headed for the movies tomorrow. Hubby and I have been waiting a long time to see this flick........42

Kuchana

On the Ice
I actually was thinking about going to see this movie today. Nicolas Cage has become one of my favorite actors. But I'm kinda torn. There are 3-4 movies I want to see and I don't want to be wasting my money on all of them:)

backspin

On the Ice
In case anyone cares, Ebert & Roepert HATED this movie--"howlingly awful" was the way one of them put it. I'd been looking forward to seeing it--now I wonder if I should just wait for the video.......

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Good point, backspin. I have found that if I want to see a particular movie, I'll go and see it despite the reviews. Same goes for rave reviews. If I don't care for the subject matter, I won't see it no matter how good everyone claims it to be. I must be the only person alive who hasn't seen "The Titanic" or "The Passion of Christ"...........42

Kuchana

On the Ice
show 42 said:
Good point, backspin. I have found that if I want to see a particular movie, I'll go and see it despite the reviews. Same goes for rave reviews. If I don't care for the subject matter, I won't see it no matter how good everyone claims it to be. I must be the only person alive who hasn't seen "The Titanic" or "The Passion of Christ"...........42

A lot of times I'm like screw the critics:) But I do take into consideration what they suggest at times if the movie doesn't look particularly promising.

LOL You haven't seen Titanic? Wow I'm amazed but I don't blame you. I recommend you don't:) As for the Passion, I chose not to see it due to the excessive violence despite all the hype and what not about it.

JOHIO2

Medalist

There are at least 2 of us who haven't seen those two movies. But then, I tend to skip movies at the theater because they are usually too darn loud. Why pay for a headache? I'll wait for the dvd.

katherine2001

On the Ice
If I think I'll like a movie, I go to see it even if the critics didn't like it. They have biases too. If you don't like a certain type of movie (for me it would be horror flicks or most sci-fi), even if it's really good, you're probably not going to give it a rave review. I've loved some movies that the critics hated and hated some that the critics loved.

I haven't seen the "Passion of Christ" either. Mel's movies tend to be too violent for me. Also, the movie came out during the first week of Eastern Orthodox Lent, and we aren't supposed to go to see movies during Lent, and particularly not during the first week when we're supposed to be in church just about each night for services. From what I've heard, I really don't think I want to see the movie, even on video. I don't like extremely violent movies and images tend to stick in my mind and I have trouble getting them out, so I'm better off not watching them.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My hubby and I just got back from seeing this flick and we really enjoyed it. Not as good as an "Indiana Jones" movie, but awfully close. I recommend it!! 42