VCR alert (Canadian SOI) | Golden Skate

VCR alert (Canadian SOI)

Antilles

Medalist
I just noticed CBC is showing the Canadian Stars on Ice tonight. 8pm EST. For anywhere else in the country, check your listings.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SkateFan4Life

Antilles said:
I just noticed CBC is showing the Canadian Stars on Ice tonight. 8pm EST. For anywhere else in the country, check your listings.

Enjoy the program! Unfortunately for those of us on American cable, we will not have access to this program. :mad:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Antilles said:

Thanks for the Alert! I missed the first half-hour, but am tuned in right now. It's great! Just saw Shae-Lynn do her solo - it was awesome!

Thanks for the heads up. We used to get CBC from Windsor, Ont., on Cable, but when we switched to satellite we lost it.

But by hanging out the window holding a coat hanger I can still get a fuzzy reception on my little TV that's not hocked up to the dish.

What a great show. I had almost forgotten how much I like Sale and Pelletier. Their "Come away with me" was exquisite.

The one who did the most actual skating was Todd Eldredge, with three triples and a double Axel, along with well-centered spins and a complete program. Some of the others I thought did too much posing and preening and not enough skating.

Overall, it is just a shame that there is not more opportunity for professional shows any more. This is wonderful entertainment.

LAD, I TOTALLY agree about Shae-Lynn. When I saw the line-up, it was three men and three pairs, leaving Shae as the only lady in the show. Her performance was mesmerizing. She didn't try to do anything like a ladies singles LP, it was like a solo modern dance on ice. Outstanding.

Mathman

Antilles

Medalist
It was good, but two hours would have been nicer. They chacked Jennifer Robinson, and Ina&Zimmerman.