Shae-Lynn Skating Solo - Beautiful | Golden Skate

Shae-Lynn Skating Solo - Beautiful

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I just saw Shae-Lynn do her solo performance and it was awesome. Yes, folks she can still do the "Shae crunch" minus Victor!!! Her line and flow on the ice is just gorgeous and her sprial is also gorgeous and her edges are deep. Shae-lynn is such a fine skater. It was strange to see her without her partner, but she is still striking even on her own!!!

She did not do any jumps, but I am sure if she works on them she could add to her program. Heck, she could skate for Canada in the ladies discipline if she still wants to compete!

Go Shae-Lynn đź‘Ť

I second that! I didn't miss the jumps and other singles elements at all. It was, like you say, ice dancing without a partmer. She totally held my attention from beginning to end.

Mathman

I totally believe Shae Lynn would show the qualities I like best in ladies skating(poise, extension, body line, edges, etc.), and believe me, it doesn't have to include jumps! I always agreed on commentators who said she, along with Viktor, got down in their knees. I really hope to see her skate solo, whether on tv or live...but especially live!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
I think it was a rebroadcast of one of last year's shows.

I think it was the farewell skate of Lloyd and Isabel - they came here to Vancouver, but I was not able to attend. Still, it was a treat to see their farewell to touring and the debut of Shae-Lynn - especially now that we know Shaes' recent partnership with Peter did not pan out. I look forward to seeing her again.

Antilles

Medalist
The footage is from last spring's CSOI. it wasn't the actual "last skate"of B&E. They did their farewell performance sometime this fall. It may however be their final televised performance. I saw them at CSOI in London, and there was a tribute to them during the show. I'm sure it was shown at all of the shows.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Shae-Lynn Skating Solo-Beautiful

I haven't seen her skate solo! I would love to see that!!!!!! :)

Evdokia

On the Ice
I saw her just yesterday in a show and while I wasn't much a fan of B/K (and especially not of Shae-Lynn due to some of her comments) I have to agree: like her or not, but she is a great single skater! :rock: I can't believe it, but I even liked her better than Maria Butyrskaja, who too was skating there and who has been a single skater for her entire competitive career. :eek:

glow_girl85

Rinkside
Evdokia said:
I saw her just yesterday in a show and while I wasn't much a fan of B/K (and especially not of Shae-Lynn due to some of her comments) I have to agree: like her or not, but she is a great single skater! :rock: I can't believe it, but I even liked her better than Maria Butyrskaja, who too was skating there and who has been a single skater for her entire competitive career. :eek:
what comments are you referring to?

Evdokia

On the Ice
glow_girl85 said:
what comments are you referring to?
All the wuzrobbed-whining stuff (which I simply dislike in general with any skater :disagree:) plus the remark she made about the SLC pairs' decision, i.e. that B/S should have given back their gold medal. :mad:

Mathman said:
Evdokia, what show was it?

MM
Fantasy on Ice in Vienna. :) With Shae-Lynn there was a hilarious moment at that show, when the clueless speaker anounced her as Maria Butyrskaja, who came on the ice right afterwards. :rofl:- I'm sure both Ladies liked that! :p