Ladies SP | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
OH Jenny, Jenny, Jenny. She must have had a disaterous skate. She is 4th of 4 skaters so far with a total SP score of 39.18. TES is only 18.94. Kostner is in the lead with 57.5 with the "big guns" yet to come.

DG

diver chick

On the Ice
just looking at the results now and it looks like Carolina is still in the lead with only Irina to skate!

diver chick

On the Ice
well Shizuka's TES was 26.78 as compared with Carolinas 31.06 and Irina's 32 so more likely that Shizuka made a mistake I guess :scratch:

Hikaru

Final Flight
exactly; however Shizuka's PCS is the highest of this poart of the competition. The free skate is going to be her comback. who doesn't like a good comeback? :agree:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Shiz...

The only big mistake I heard about for Shiz was a 2 ft landing on a 3F, and the 3F was then downgraded to a 2F. That hurts I think in the short. The scores among the top 4 are pretty close, so the FS should be very exciting!!!

I'm so jealous of people in home countries that actually get some live broadcasting.

DG

This is an interesting judging panel: Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, Azerbajan, Czech Pepublic, Hungary, China, Belgium, Germany and Japan.

It will give us a good chance to analyze the differences in scoring among the judges.

MM

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
If Carolina Kostner medals here, she will go to the GPF
Same goes with Irina Slutskaya and Shizuka Arakawa (though one of them can place 4th and still go)

I think it is safe to say that Miki Ando is in danger of not qualifying.

Here is the list of who has already qualified:

1. Cynthia Phaneuf (CAN) 21pts.
2. Joannie Rochette (CAN) 19pts.

Then add Kostner, Slutskaya, and Arakawa then you have five. Actually, Ando should barely qualify :)

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
SailorGalaxia518 said:
If Carolina Kostner medals here, she will go to the GPF
Same goes with Irina Slutskaya and Shizuka Arakawa (though one of them can place 4th and still go)

I think it is safe to say that Miki Ando is in danger of not qualifying.

Here is the list of who has already qualified:

1. Cynthia Phaneuf (CAN) 21pts.
2. Joannie Rochette (CAN) 19pts.

Then add Kostner, Slutskaya, and Arakawa then you have five. Actually, Ando should barely qualify :)

Ando and Onda would face some sort of tiebreak when this is all over, if they have enough points...they're tied (9)(5) points each...

herios

Medalist
Tiebreaker

thisthingcalledlove said:
Ando and Onda would face some sort of tiebreak when this is all over, if they have enough points...they're tied (9)(5) points each...

The Tiebraker has been already decided in Ando's favour. The points carried into the total, are not decisive (9+5) for both, rather the grand total points in the 2 competitions altogether, where Ando had the edge (320.68 vs 298.22)

Herios