Maria Butryskaya News | Golden Skate

Maria Butryskaya News

mpal2

Final Flight
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19052

For those of you not registered for fsuniverse, it says that Maria's current live-in boyfriend (Andrei Skatchkov) had to be thrown out because he has been acting jealous and beating her. I don't know how much I'm allowed to quote without getting into copyright issues but here's a small snippet of one of the FSU members translation of the article.

Having watched how famous politicians and businessmen reacted to chic blonde Maria, he started to throw scenes of a wild jealousy and when drunk he used to hit her. Our newspaper got to know that recently Maria came for TV recording with major bruises and needed to carefully disguise them. And the skin on her small hands was covered with bloody scrathes.
Finally, Maria lost patience. Tired of fighting, she threw the jealous guy out.
Maria told us: "I had to teach him a lesson. We had a big fight, but I hope that when I return back to Moscow on December 18 he will understand that he can't behave like that. But...seeing that man every day - it's an ordeal. I don't want to talk about it anymore. I think you understand...
Poor Maria, I hope she does not take him back. No one deserves that kind of man. :cry:

ladybug

On the Ice
If he has hit her more than once, he has a serious problem. If she takes him back, she is making a huge mistake. I hope she doesn't end up with that battered spouse syndrome. She should run or skate as fast as her legs will carry her.

Ladybug

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Poor Maria...

I'm sorry to hear even a hint of consideration to take him back. Repeat abusers just don't up and stop it one day. Public hangings should be legal punishment for guys like him.

DG

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I would also think she should see a therapist as there is a problem if she let it happen more than once and is thinking about letting him come back. He should absolutely be in therapy.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
Maria, if you're reading this, get away from him! Find those guys who blew up your BMW, and have him blown up!

Ok, enough senseless ramblings...
Maria has always seemed to me to be very unconfident. She acted confident, and many of us found her interviews to be a bit cocky, but to me that just seemed like a facade. When he's not beating her, he's probably nice, and tells her what she wants to hear. I mean, don't we always fall for the silver-tongued devil?

But...just because he's silver-tongued, doesn't mean he isn't still the devil. I think Maria needs to see a psychologist for more than just this. She seems to have issues that go beyond this.

Lotta

On the Ice
I'm just glad she threw him out. Never let him back into your life again, Maria!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I always thought she seemed insecure. When people put someone down, as she did, (don't remember what or when) it is only to make themselves feel better because of the insecurities. :scowl:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Reminds me of one time I must have been around 9. We heard some obviously abusive sounds coming from an appartment downstairs, so my father and a visiting friend went there to see if there was anything that could/should have been done (police is not exactly trusted in Russia to handle anything). A crying woman with a freshly bruised face opened the door. My father obviously suggested she go stay with us for at least a few hours, as it was clear her husband hasn't calmed down yet. She declined, expaining it was her own fault -- her husband came home drunk and asked for his slippers; instead of fetching them, she started berating him over drinking away the family income. My father tried to talk some sense into her, but it was pointless. :mad: