Nikolai and Shae Lynn Engaged! | Golden Skate

Nikolai and Shae Lynn Engaged!

Tereza

Match Penalty
:cry: I was watching TEB today and after G & P skated there was a newsflash that Nikolai proposed to Shae-Lynn in Paris.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Yeah itwas either on or under the eiffel tower (I couldn't hear much through that whole segment). How romantic :love:

Congratulations to them both :)

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Nikolai is completely overboard in love with Shae - he just lights up at even the mention of her name. I wish them the best - Nikolai is a darling.

Linny

Final Flight
Tease

Don't tease. I love dirt. Who was he married to before and who was his liason with?
Linny

katherine2001

On the Ice
Chances are, Nikolai was head-over-heels in love with his wife at one point too. That often doesn't last, especially once you are together 24 hours a day and start discovering the things about a person that you aren't so enamored of. I hope that lasts this time.

soogar

Record Breaker
Well Nic and Shae were together for three years so you figure he's past that infatuation stage. It seems like Russians get married really young b/c that's the thing to do and lots of times people change and the person you love at 23 isn't the right person for you at 29. Anyway, they look like a really nice couple and I wish them the best.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Linny said:
Don't tease. I love dirt. Who was he married to before and who was his liason with?
Supposedly, he left his wife to be with Shae.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Yes, I'd agree that after living together and working side-by-side on the rink all day, the infatuation phase is well past. The fact that Nikolai's daughter Annabelle really likes Shae I think speaks well of them as a couple.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
IFS's latest article on Nikolai had a bit on him and his ex... her name is Caroline -cant remember her last name- she's a former French Ice Dancer... they have a 3 year old daughter who is already learning to skate and whom he hopes will be a competitive skater one day according to the article.

Koroleva

On the Ice
Annabelle is 3, and they were together for 3 years. Didn't he cheat on his wife with Shae when his wife was pregnant? Classy...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Koroleva said:
Annabelle is 3, and they were together for 3 years. Didn't he cheat on his wife with Shae when his wife was pregnant? Classy...
according to teh rumor mill, yes... but nothing was ever confirmed (though it wasn't really denied either so who knows)

Linny

Final Flight
Husband who wants out from a pregnant wife

Least he didn't choose the Scott Peterson method... :mad:
Linny

Tereza

Match Penalty
Hmmm... I hope that Nikolai didn't cheat on her while she was pregnant... that is the worst thing he can do. I can imagine if Shae-Lynn gets pregnant he would leave her for somebody else... like Tonya Harding. I think they'd be a cute couple.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He didn't just cheat on her while she was pregnant---he left her for Shae.

soogar

Record Breaker
Well in all fairness, a pregnancy lasts 9 months (duh I know) and who knows when their marriage started breaking down. There could have been problems before and she got pregant as the result of reconciliation sex. Or maybe she thought a baby might keep him in the marriage (it sounds outdated but lots of women think this way). While it's not the classiest thing on paper to do, I hesitate to pass judgment on him for leaving his wife without knowing him. From his interviews, it seems that he really respects Shae and he goes out of his way to discuss her skating ability etc. I think that respect and admiration are key indicators of whether a marriage will work out and I believe their marriage will work out. Usually people get it right the second time around.