Johnny Weir's Hair | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir's Hair

S

SkateFan4Life

I caught a few minutes of Trophee Eric Bompard Cachermire from Paris and saw Johnny Weir's short program. He skated superbly, with strong jumps and fast spins. His costume, I thought, a bit on the glitzy side. But the thing that caught my attention was his hairdo. OK, I'm not bashing the guy, as all of us have bad hair days occasionally :rofl: but -- his hair is dyed black, it's long and straight and parted in the middle. :sheesh:

IMHO, of course. :rofl:

IDLERACER

Medalist
SkateFan4Life said:
his hair is dyed black, it's long and straight and parted in the middle.
Hmm...Are you telling us he's looking like Mr. Snape from the Harry Potter movies, these days? :biggrin:

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I think his hair suits him, sort of a funky Edward Scissorhands goth/punk look.

But I liked Evgeni's long hair, so what do I know? :)

cygnus

Rinkside
IDLERACER said:
Hmm...Are you telling us he's looking like Mr. Snape from the Harry Potter movies, these days? :biggrin:

No, he's trying to look like an anime character. Dark longish hair, small delicate features, pale complexion, adrogynous look. He just needs the big eyes and he'd fit right in! :biggrin:

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
I think Johnny's hair looks alright, however, I did notice Eman's hair in the portion of TEB where they showed them posing outside . Now his (Eman's) hair looked downright odd, especially the bangs. But that's just my opinion. :biggrin:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Johnny's hair looks like it need a good washing. I'm getting to really like his skating but I keep focusing on his hair :p Let me at him with my shaver!

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Loved the SP. It was great. The hair did create a distraction whne he was spinning, but if he likes it and that's who he is then so be it...

SkateFan4Life said:
I caught a few minutes of Trophee Eric Bompard Cachermire from Paris and saw Johnny Weir's short program. He skated superbly, with strong jumps and fast spins. His costume, I thought, a bit on the glitzy side. But the thing that caught my attention was his hairdo. OK, I'm not bashing the guy, as all of us have bad hair days occasionally :rofl: but -- his hair is dyed black, it's long and straight and parted in the middle. :sheesh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The length and cut of Johnny's hair doesn't bother me.

However, the texture does bug me. You know how all those little bottles in hotel rooms look alike? Johnny's hair looks like he accidentally washed his hair with the body lotion instead of the shampoo.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's cut in a similar style a mine which bothers me a lot! HE STOLE MY DO! I don't like having a boy's haircut thank you very much (and last I checked my hair cut is a girls! :laugh: what do I know?) I just don't have the bangs or the gel-ed look

SkateFan4Life said:

You're not bashing but I'm amused at what seems you find as faults. No one can dye their hair? I think more skating boys do that than you can imagine. It is probably suggested by their groomer. Didn't Yags go brilliant blonde once?

Long and straight may just be trendy. Think of Tong's hair which reminds me of Rudolph Nureyev.

Joe

euterpe

Medalist
His hair is his hair, and if that's the way he likes it, it's OK with me.

I seem to recall that his real hair is light brown and slightly curly. I think he puts some kind of gook on it then blowdries it to make it straight.

Linny

Final Flight
Too much product

Common fault with men - too much product.

Speaking of hair - didja all notice that Maria Petrova got hers straightened?

Linny

My nephew has his hair completely shaved off on one side, then the other side hangs down in a skraggly mess. But when he wants to look respectable (like when he visits his grandmother) he has this elaborate comb-over thing he can do and it comes out looking quite normal. :laugh:

MM

nicole_l

Final Flight
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
I love Johnny Weir's hair.
Haha. I guess I'm a crazy minority. :laugh:

euterpe

Medalist
I did notice Petrova's hair. What a tremendous improvement! She used to look as if she had stuck her finger in an electric socket.

S

SkateFan4Life

Joesitz said:
You're not bashing but I'm amused at what seems you find as faults. No one can dye their hair? I think more skating boys do that than you can imagine. It is probably suggested by their groomer. Didn't Yags go brilliant blonde once?

Long and straight may just be trendy. Think of Tong's hair which reminds me of Rudolph Nureyev.

Joe

:rofl: Well, personally, I like the Dick Button look, or at least a clean-cut look for the men. Maybe the guys are trying to look like ballet dancers these days. As you mentioned, Tong's hair does remind one of Rudoph Nureyev.

I think the long hair in the men looks effeminate, but that's just my own warped sense of judgement. We're all entitled to wear our hair any color of the rainbow and any length - so be it. I just find long hair very distracting, and I find that I spent more time watching the long hair than the actual skating.

I guess it's a good thing that I'm not a judge! :rofl: :rofl:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
SkateFan4Life said:
I just find long hair very distracting, and I find that I spent more time watching the long hair than the actual skating.

:

ITA. Much as I loved Anissina & Piezerat, I would have loved them even more if Marina had put her hair up and Gwendael had JUST CUT IT. All that hair flapping around, plus the costumes with about 50 yards of extra fabric floating along behind them -- too much to look at at times.

As for Johnny's Goth/Anime look -- I'm not a fan of it, but I guess skating judging has come a long way if someone can go out there looking like that and still get the marks they deserve. Not too long ago, Michael Weiss got all kinds of flack for showing up at a Sectionals with a goatee and an earring. Then again, I'm sure the international judges are much more laid-back about this type of thing than the American judges are.

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I think Johnny's hair looks good on him, and IMO the only thing that matters is if Johnny likes his hair this way, who cares what everyone else thinks. đź‘Ť