Johnny Weir's Hair | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir's Hair

sk8m8

Final Flight
As far as I'm concerned, if johnny keeps on improving that phenomenal edging and jumping and expressionistic way of skating that he totally owns, then he can wear his hair in dogears or a french twist. The more I see him skate, the more I think that we are witnessing a male "MK- elite level skater emerging. I see he, Lambiel, and some of the really exciting upcoming juniors as the future of skaing...the REAL total package...equal presentations and jumps executed so they have great exits rather than tacking on extra jumps for points. I don't see johnny doing that in his routines (creative hair expressions, or not).

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been complaining and complaining about Johnny's hair :mad: :mad: . Whatever happened to all his curls. I loved his curls. I hate his hair right now but love him. :sheesh:

Dee

2ndmark

Rinkside
First, I cannot state strongly enough how firmly I am behind Johnny's career. I have had my eye on him for some time and am thrilled with his progress. He's the total package for me and I completely support him expressing his obvious individuality. But since we're dishing? Don't like the 'do... looks like the love child of Bob Dylan and Liza Minnelli.

(But yes, as long as he continues his brilliant skating I don't care if he chops into a Moe Howard look.)

nicole_l

Final Flight
Don't like the 'do... looks like the love child of Bob Dylan and Liza Minnelli.

Maybe that's why I like it so much...I LOVE Liza Minnelli. :love:
Can't wait to see B&A's OD!

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Lotta said:
His hair looks great... he just looks so girly. :[

I like the 'girly' look!

His best hair though was at 2003 Nationals- Not quite so long, spiky and wild. Then again, that was his worst skate, too.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
sk8fanconvert said:
His best hair though was at 2003 Nationals- Not quite so long, spiky and wild. Then again, that was his worst skate, too.

Was he even on the ice long enough in the long program for that to actually qualify as a "skate" ??

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
Was he even on the ice long enough in the long program for that to actually qualify as a "skate" ??

long enough to "skate" right into the boards!!!

(His short program was phenomenal that year.)

FrozenSkates

Spectator
I think his hair looks fine, a bit greasy, but it still looks good on him. And on Gwendel Peizerat cutting his hair, he looks better with his lion mane than without it!

S

SkateFan4Life

JonnyCoop said:
ITA. Much as I loved Anissina & Piezerat, I would have loved them even more if Marina had put her hair up and Gwendael had JUST CUT IT. All that hair flapping around, plus the costumes with about 50 yards of extra fabric floating along behind them -- too much to look at at times.

ITA with you concerning Anissina and Piezerat's individual hair dos. That awful, awful, long, flaming red hair on her and that too, too long mane of his, plus their over-the-top outlandish costumes were really distracting, in my humble opinion. They are such GREAT skaters that they really did not need those dramatics to make their statement on the ice. Again, just my opinion. :biggrin:

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Breaking news :p

I guess the long, straight hair is gone. Nationals will tell....

From http://www.kataniye.com/johnny_weir/interview.htm#12/15/04

Q. How do you get your hair straight? Will you ever let it go curly again? Do you really plan on getting cornrows?

A: I was trying the straight thing for fun as an experiment, it may not have suited me, but I liked it. My hair is short and curly right now to answer that question. I would love to do cornrows for spring break or something next summer, I think it would be really cool.

Cornrows? :eek:

mpal2

Final Flight
He talkied about blue hair last year but promised his mother he would wait until he was done with competitions for the year. I wonder if he ever actually went with the blue hair or not.

My sister tried green hair one time. It was supposed to wash out but turned her hair orange. :laugh: She had to get it dyed again to fix it then had several treatments to fix the damage from so much hair dying.

nicole_l

Final Flight
The long hair is gone? :cry:
I'm afraid he's going to look really young with short hair.
But I guess I'll just have to focus on the skating. :laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
sk8er1964 said:
Breaking news :p My hair is short and curly right now to answer that question.

Yeah, that makes me happy!!! :biggrin: I love curls on men, Johnny Weir, Josh Groban, Johnny Weir, Josh Groban, Johnny Weir, Josh Groban, Johnny Weir, Josh Groban.................. ;)

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
nicole_l} I'm afraid he's going to look really young with short hair. [/QUOTE said:
Given the fact that he already looks 12, I'm not sure he could look much younger.