Who will Shae Lynn skate with? | Golden Skate

Who will Shae Lynn skate with?

Arianne

On the Ice
I heard the sad news that Shae's partnership with Peter T. didn't work out. I was really exited to see them skate together. Anyway, who do you think she will skate with next?

Antilles

Medalist
Didn't he retire because of a knee problem? I am assuming no, otherwise they would have teamed up before now. Shae was looking for a partner for a while before Peter. From what I understand, she will skate solo. She does a fine job by herself.

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Shae does NOT need a man to go out on the ice and look good... personally, I rarely look at Vic when they were skating togther anyways...he always looked... hmmm... bored? JMO.

You go girl :)

dfj

On the Ice
I think Shae is just fine on her own, but in my perfect, make-believe world it would be Bourne/Sandhu.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
TRAxel said:
Shae does NOT need a man to go out on the ice and look good... personally, I rarely look at Vic when they were skating togther anyways...he always looked... hmmm... bored?
Perhaps you never looked at Vic because he was good at presenting the lady in the partnership. Personally, I think Shae Lynn is an excellent ice dancer, but I don't see her skating single once the novelty wears off. Gordeeva at least had some jumps - I am not sure Shae Lynn does.

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Ptichka said:
Perhaps you never looked at Vic because he was good at presenting the lady in the partnership. Personally, I think Shae Lynn is an excellent ice dancer, but I don't see her skating single once the novelty wears off. Gordeeva at least had some jumps - I am not sure Shae Lynn does.
No, it wasn't that... Shae always looked like she was having fun out there, getting into her role... Vic was simply there presenting his lady (you are right) looking bored most of the time and again, this is JMO.
Shae does have some jumps, as she used to skate pairs back a few years ago. I hear she is working on them....who knows how far she will go, but she has a great future ahead of her regardless if it's on the ice or not.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'll agree that Vic looked bored towards the end of their career... but to be honest *I* was bored with their "new" look... Morosov's choreography took something away from them IMHO... they weren't unique anymore and I think that had a lot to do with why Victor decided to retire...

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I think you hit the nail on the head Toni.
But don't you think if they had stayed together that they would have brought back more of the old Shae & Vic? Hard to say, isn't it?

lulu

Final Flight
If she wants to continue skating (and of course I have no way of knowning if she does/doesn't) I would imagine that she could do some solo-dancing. I haven't seen her, but I heard a lot of rave reviews of Shae Lynn solo dancing that it would be interesting to watch her.
Of course, I also heard a lot of rave reviews about B&K too, and I was never a fan of their partnership. ;)

As for Shae & Nikolai-why not?
I could care less one way or the other. But they're both former elite ice dancers and it might be fun to see them do a number for a local ice show.
I haven't seen Nikolai skate since his Navka years.

And if solo or Nik don't work out, there's always skating with Pasha G.
Maybe Shae can even devote 15 minutes of her time to teach Pasha "River Dance" :p

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
TRAxel said:
I think you hit the nail on the head Toni.
But don't you think if they had stayed together that they would have brought back more of the old Shae & Vic? Hard to say, isn't it?

not as long as Nikolai was coaching/choreographing, jmho

no, Joe! Not B&B! Bourne and Browning? NO NO NO! Kurt needs no one else... I don't want Shae getting in the way of the eye-candy (is it wrong that I think he's hot? I think not!) :laugh:

Gotta agree with you, Toni....Kurt doesn't need anyone, especially as lovely a lady as Shae Lynn is, taking the eyes off of him! And no, you are totally not wrong to think he is hot!!!

I think Shae Lynn would do fine on her own with or without jumps.

I also agree that Shae Lynn and Viktor's "look" changed in recent years....I missed their lyrical, gentle, deep in the knees, great edges style of skating.

C'mon gals. It's just a suggestion. Both are considered "Pro" now whatever that means, and if they are eligible for competitive skating, wouldn't it be a hoot if they were in Dance? Just think of the interest that Dance would take on. And think of how fabulous they would be. They could still do Singles if they want.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I could see it happening for an SOI routine, somewhat like Kurt and Tara (and before that Kurt/Katia/Kristi) did, but I can't see them becoming a team. I know I wouldn't like it anyway LOL

and Joe it's really easy to understand what "Pro" means when you talk skating "Pro" is a skater who skates but is not Olympic Eligible anymore. they don't have to listen to teh ISU anymore :laugh:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I don't know that Shae is even actively looking for a partner, as right now she's in demand as a ladies single performer - she just got rave reviews from a European show this week - apparently, even without the jumps, she's really good at exhibition skating.

And now that she's going to be Mrs. Morozov...she's really got her hands full. :laugh:

Bijoux

Match Penalty
adagio pair

Kulik we don't see get booked enough, no one apparently wanted to see him and Katia as a pair and they don't usually get booked as soloists on same tour. He did learn lifts and partner movies. Both so creative, natural dancers. This could work great-doubt Katia would allow it, tho as Shae likes Russian men, married or not.