Major actor on soap Passions dead in real life | Golden Skate

Major actor on soap Passions dead in real life

Johar

Medalist
So sad. He drowned in the pool of the place where he lived.

From nbc.com/passions

November 29, 2004...Los Angeles, CA...Actor David Bailey, who played patriarch Alistair Crane on NBC Universal Television's PASSIONS, passed away on Thursday, November 25 in an accidental drowning.

"It is with great sadness that we learned of the sudden passing of David Bailey," said Executive Producer Lisa de Cazotte. "He was a man of great compassion and kindness as well as an extraordinary actor. "

"David Bailey made an immediate and indelible impression in his role as patriarch of the Crane family on PASSIONS," said NBC Universal Television's Senior Vice President of Daytime, Sheraton Kalouria. "He will be warmly remembered and greatly missed."

Bailey's character, Alistair Crane, was a mystery to viewers since PASSIONS inception in July 1999; he was always heard but not seen. This changed in September 2004 when David Bailey took on the role, and the face, of PASSIONS most ruthless character.

Born in Newark, New Jersey on October 27, 1933, Bailey began his acting career at a young age. His stage credits include Pal Joey, Thief River, Camping with Henry and Tom, The Sisters Rosensweig, Shadowlands, A Hatful of Rain, Orphans, Light up the Sky, The Price, Death Trap and I Ought to Be in Pictures. He was a founding member of The Black Book Theatre Company through which he created "The Discovery Workshop", a one-week program for theatre professionals and students; versions of which have been used by college theatre programs, corporate training programs, youth at risk groups and senior citizen centers. His most recent plays, which he both wrote and directed were Are you Listening? and Your Place or Mine? were produced at the Creative Place Theatre in New York City.

On television, Bailey is well known for his ten-year portrayal as Russ Matthews on NBC's soap opera Another World as well as for his role as Alan Spaulding on Guiding Light, Ben Forrest on As The World Turns and Teddy Malcolm on Ryan's Hope. Bailey's other series regular roles include Charles Kincaid on the sitcom Kate & Allie and Dr. Bellamy on Hack. He portrayed General Cunningham on the Emmy winning HBO telefilm Something the Lord Made with Alan Richman.

For 25 years, Bailey worked with the late Danny Thomas as the regional host of the St. Jude's Children's Hospital's Telethon on WLIO-TV, the NBC affiliate in Lima, Ohio. In lieu of flowers memorial donations be made in his memory to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. This can be done by calling (800) 822-6344 or online at .

Services will be held this Saturday, December 4th, at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills (Burbank) at the Old Church at 12:30 p.m. There will be a second memorial service at the Actor's Church in Manhattan at a later date (to be determined). His wife Yvonne Bailey of Philadelphia, PA and son Xander Bailey of Los Angeles, CA survive him.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I wonder if the part will be recast? I remember when he played Russ Matthews.

Johar

Medalist
Probably not, or at least that's the feeling I get.

It was bad enough when the young actor who played Timmy died in real life. :cry: