The smoking area - Another Worlds tidbit | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The smoking area - Another Worlds tidbit

G

Grgranny

Re: smoking

My husband smoked a pipe too, for about 45years, now he's dead!

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>My reaction was, "GROSS! This is what I've smelled like all these years?" That probably cured me of ever going back.[/quote[

that was my mom's reaction....

mom just up and quit one day... growing up I never knew our house smelled bad... now when I go over to my best friend's house that's all i can smell... it makes me want to thro[/quote]

I

Idleracer

Re: The smoking area - Another Worlds tidbit

[c]<font size=4><font color="#30C000">I don't smoke, drink, or use drugs. I do, however, make up for it by swearing alot, and behaving like an obnoxious boor in general.
Hang in there Paula. If Oksana Baiul can quit, so can you. Unfortunately, Tonya Harding doesn't seem to be able to, which is definitely not good news for a boxer.

S

sk8m8

or an asthmastic, lad.
Paula, my secret was to just keep quitting until I stayed quit. If you try and fail, at least you tried. Keep it up. Anyone that can keep us skating nerds on the straight and narrow can do anything:lol:

G

Grgranny

Another funny thing is that up until the last couple of years I was still dreaming that I was smoking. There's been a lot of deaths in my family from smoking. My dad was 51, little sis 62, mother's three sisters, and I'm sure my husband probably would never have had cancer had he not smoked.

M

mmandel

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Yes, I'm a light smoker who is trying to quit. However, at least I got a chance to speak with fellow smokers - Sasha Zhulin, Artur Dmitriev, and Genrikh Sretenski. There were probably more but I didn't search for them. I was to busy trying to take a few puffs so I could get back in to the event. [/quote]

Being an ex-smoker, I can definitely say it is hard to quit smoking. It took me 3 times to finally quit. I tied nicorette gum - that was useless, I tied the nicotrol Patch - started smoking again @ 6 months, and finally tried Wellbutrin for one year -sister drug to Zyban. I quit smoking @ 35 years old and it's been 2 years that I haven't smoked. I definitely would try the Wellbutrin/Zyban approach. I wish you the best of luck!

H

heyang

I've known some people who smoked while wearing a patch - they had a really hard time breaking the habit of having something in their hands.

S

Show 42

My dad quite smoking when I was about 5. I have airborne allergies, and one day my mom said to my dad that the smoke was killing me. He quite cold turkey that day, and he was a two pack a day smoker. He always kept cough drops or sun flower seeds in the pocket of his shirts to suck on. That helped him a lot, but I remember him saying, even after he had stopped smoking for forty years, that a day didn't go by where he didn't think about smoking......Good luck Paula and to all who are trying to quit..........42

J

Joesitz

Paula - after 3 packs a day, I had a wheeze in my breathing when I got into bed. I tried to kick the cat out but it wasn't my cat, it was me. So I decided to give up smoking from Tuesday to Sunday so as to alleviate the wheezing. By Thursday, the wheezing had gone, so I said not till Sunday and when Sunday came, I said not this Sunday but next Sunday and so on and so on.

So I never gave up smoking but I did postpone it to the point where I can not stand smoke around me. It's not easy but try postpoining it like I did.

Joe

A

anastasiabeaverhoussen

Great Story

Joesitz, that is a great story, really. What an interesting way to quit!