Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marshall's World Cup of Figure Skating - Results - Ladies Free Skate

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

Marshall's World Cup of Figure Skating - Results - Ladies Free Skate

http://www.usfsa.org/event_related_d...dies-final.htm

GO IRINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is on a roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So far she has been undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited.

Custom Title
    In agree Irina is unbeatable this season, go Irina for world gold #2

Happy for Michelle, accordingly she had new boots on Mon, and only got all her triples back on Weds.
    Last edited by gezando; 12-04-2004 at 12:24 AM.

I keep on fallin' for Kwan
    Go Irina!!!!

Just happy that my girl Michelle still did well and stayed on top three.

Minority member
    I think Joe's prediction of Irina winning the world title might just be true. I did not think she was going to win this competition, I predicted kwan to take it but damn i'm proven wrong. It should be a very exciting competition in Moscow.

congrat's Irina

Quote Originally Posted by gezando
    In agree Irina is unbeatable this season, go Irina for world gold #2

Happy for Michelle, accordingly she had new boots on Mon, and only got all her triples back on Weds.
    Yeah, yeah, we've heard the "new boots, new skates" story before. Why does she always seem to get these items right before a competition? She has ALL YEAR to get them...

Someone else is reporting on another thread that she has some kind of ankle injury. Now THAT is something deserving of concern. If that is, in fact, the case, she is to be commended for competing and not disappointing the crowd.
    Last edited by RealtorGal; 12-04-2004 at 02:06 AM.

Custom Title

Marshalls

Hats off to Michelle. She doesnt usually use injury as an excuse for a loss. Oh well she won Silver. I dont understand Sasha being on the Podium with 3 falls. Some things never change.

Not surprised one iota at the results.Let's face it, Plushy and Irina came from a far distance to skate this competititon and both won. If you think for one minute they are not going to repeat these wins in Moscow, I'd suggest you get a new crystal ball.

As for the American and Japanese divas, I would suggest that they make this a serious learning experience for Torino.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Yeah, yeah, we've heard the "new boots, new skates" story before. Why does she always seem to get these items right before a competition? She has ALL YEAR to get them...
    Sure, new boots, new skates are baseline stuff for skaters. I am sure you have heard all that before, including MK skating to a newly patched together old boot 2 minutes prior to her qualifying round in world 2001. I brought that up because according to a report she got the boots on Monday, and was unable to do her triple jump until Weds. BTW, even if Kwan landed 7 triples, like I said Irina was unbeatable this year, Kwan would still be beaten by Irina. I love Irina, and want her to win worlds in Moscow hometown. I am not being disrespectable to irina. She has all year to get new boots, but skaters usually break in one pair at a time, and boots do not come with exppiration date like the milk in your frige. So it is Kwan's fault for having a pair of boots break down days before Marshall's. Anyway what is your point?

Why does she always seems to get these items right before competition
    yeah, why does my realtor seem to always get her camera, appointment books, amortizatin calculator, PDA, housing information etc right before she takes me house hunting? Could it be possible it is the tools of the art or trade?
    BTW, if my realtor's PDA ever breaks down minutes prior to clsoing the house, I will tell her oh gee, you have all year to get a new one.
    Last edited by gezando; 12-04-2004 at 11:30 AM.

Custom Title

Ques.for Joesitz

Joesitz, Im not quite sure what you are saying. Are you saying its in Moscow therefore they win, I agree. Are you saying no matter how they skate they win, probably. Are you saying no one else has a chance because they are so much better then the rest, dont agree. Are you saying the judging will be questioable, I think probably. Are you saying no matter how others skate they have no chance to win esp. in Moscow, probably. Are you saying the Japanese and American ladies are so bad they might as well stay home ,might as well if they have no chance to win. Well this is a sad state of affairs to be sure. Unfortunately I agree with you however I can dream that the skate that deserves to win will . Marshalls I hope is not a preview of what is to come. Congrats to Irina and Michelle. Cohen can fall 3 times and be on the podium, Kirk can skate well and no Medal Angela last not a great skate but she didnt fall 3times. I can understand the dropping in ratings, lack of attendance at events and little Tv airing of comps. I dont think the skating organizations learned much from SLC just changed the way they hide doing the same thing. Who they want to win will. Getting discouraged about the future of the sport. My guess is Nats, Worlds and Olys are all we will see in the Future and maybe not even that. Again Congrats to Irina and Michelle both were great.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    I can't speak for Irina, but Plush almost always skates extremely well in front of the home crowd. Some skaters implode with the pressure, but he completely thrives on it. So I think what Joe is saying is.....Plush wiped the floor with the competition while battling jet lag and in front of a foreign audience, if you will. So you hand him Moscow, "his" people and no jet lag, I think we are going to see a magnificent performance. The judging won't have to be questionable, he will most likely clearly deserve his win.

Laura

Custom Title
    I think if Irina and Michelle both skate great Irina will win in Moscow. I think that's that's what most are feeling. I don't think that Irina will automatically win if she skates bad. I don't see that happening because Irina hasn't skated bad all season. She's skatingbetter than she ever has. Just a note that there's nothing etch in stone. There are still other countries on the panel that don't think Irina's presentation warrants a 5.8 or 5.9 even with a great skate so we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by gezando
    Anyway what is your point?
    My point is that this is not the first time it has happened to MICHELLE right before a major competition. I haven't heard about it happening to another skater -- and if it has, it didn't make the headlines!

yeah, why does my realtor seem to always get her camera, appointment books, amortizatin calculator, PDA, housing information etc right before she takes me house hunting? Could it be possible it is the tools of the art or trade? BTW, if my realtor's PDA ever breaks down minutes prior to clsoing the house, I will tell her oh gee, you have all year to get a new one.
    I suggest you get another Realtor! I know a reliable one!
    Last edited by RealtorGal; 12-04-2004 at 11:45 AM.

Custom Title

Worlds

I agree Plush will win and will probably deserve to and Irina may deserve to win but will win in Moscow. I just would like to see the program skated the best win even if it is in Moscow. I think Irina won last night and deserved to but I see no different skating from her except she has the advantantage of being able to do the Beilman spin and does so all through the program. I dont think that should be the auto winning move. Her jumps are great but very little choro in the program. Lets hope the winner is the real winner for the sake of the survival of continued interest in the sport. I would also say as much if it was here of Michelle and Sasha no auto win because its here in America. Will be very interesting this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    My point is that this is not the first time it has happened to MICHELLE right before a major competition. I haven't heard about it happening to another skater -- and if it has, it didn't make the headlines!
    This is not headlines for Michelle in Marshalls, just some fans reporting among themselves. Where oh where were you when Timmy had the boot problems last 2 seasons? it is not her fault when boots break down when they break down, will of skating gods.

I suggest you get another Realtor!
    Getting another one why because she brings along her PDA, camera, and information? Because her PDA may potentially break down, besides I have way too much fun house hunting with my current one.
    Last edited by gezando; 12-04-2004 at 04:27 PM.

I, too have wondered why skaters can't plan the breaking in of their equipment better. They only skate a few times a year. You would think they could anticipate, "OK, it takes four weeks to break in a new pair of boots, and it's six weeks until my next competition. Let's see now, what to do, what to do..."

Didn't Shizuka Arakaw withdraw from the Eric Lompard Trophe this year because of new boots?

MM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast