Eastern & Western Challange - Looking for Novice Ladies Results | Golden Skate

Eastern & Western Challange - Looking for Novice Ladies Results

Coach

Rinkside
Eastern & Western Challenge - Looking for Novice Ladies Results

Please post if you know Challenge Novice results / :love: Tks!

Last edited:

dgel

On the Ice
The novice results aren't on the SC web site.

I do know where the Newfoundland girls stand after calling up the team leader. Natasha Osmond is in 9th, Jessica Oake in 15th, Kerrilyn Evans in 16th, and Sara Whelan in 29th. Excellent performance by these kids and i'm a bit surprised- none of them have a 2-axel or triple, but I suspect are being rewarded for clean, well balanced programmes under code of points. Nice to see...

thebecca

Spectator
Going from memory (eastern only)

1. De Repentigny
2. Trombley-Gratton
3. Not sure but from Quebec

sorry after that they all kind of blur. It wasn't a perticularly well skated event with the exception of the top 2.

jp1andonly

Rinkside
chances are they will be posted later tonight with rosaleen has time. Just hang in there. Be luck you are getting anything at all

thebecca

Spectator
sorry i really don't remember most of the event. Amanda Tully was 5th, Erika Tisluck was either 4th or 6th (not really sure), Victoria Ragozins was 8th. Sarah Boisjoli (sp?) was also in that top 7 range (i think 6th maybe). Natalie Kwong was quite far down (15thish???)...sorry guys i couldn't keep track of everyone in my head.

ChiquitaBanana

Rinkside
thebecca said:
Going from memory (eastern only)

1. De Repentigny
2. Trombley-Gratton
3. Not sure but from Quebec

sorry after that they all kind of blur. It wasn't a perticularly well skated event with the exception of the top 2.
Erika Tisluck?

sk8_hard

Spectator
Hopefully the ladies will skate better in the long program..... đź‘Ť

Does anyone know results from the Western Challenge Novice Ladies?!

PIROUETTE

Spectator
Does anyone know about novice ladies eastern

Genevieve Philion, Sarah Jourdain they are quebec skaters......

and Novice Men????? :biggrin:

Thanks

CarolinA11

Rinkside
đź‘Ť i heard from one of my friends who skated under pre-novice ladies... that
1-Katherine de Repentigny
2-Sohpie Tremblay Gratton
3-Genevieve Philion
4-Erika Tisluck

CarolinA11

Rinkside
one of my friends.. a pre-novice girl who competed this week-end told me that
1-Katherine De Repentigny
3-Genevieve Philion :agree:
4-Erika Tisluck :sheesh: .. what happened there ?!
undefined

thebecca

Spectator
CarolinA11 said:
one of my friends.. a pre-novice girl who competed this week-end told me that
1-Katherine De Repentigny
3-Genevieve Philion :agree:
4-Erika Tisluck :sheesh: .. what happened there ?!
undefined

She stepped out of 3flip (hard to say if she will get credit for double or triple...it was boarderline) and missed the front half or her combo spin. De Repentigny was the only one to skate clean i think (at least the only one with 2axel and above)

sk8a_grl

Rinkside
thebecca said:
sorry i really don't remember most of the event. Amanda Tully was 5th, Erika Tisluck was either 4th or 6th (not really sure), Victoria Ragozins was 8th. Sarah Boisjoli (sp?) was also in that top 7 range (i think 6th maybe). Natalie Kwong was quite far down (15thish???)...sorry guys i couldn't keep track of everyone in my head.

wow natalie kwong 15th? that doesn't seem right...she looked so solid at COS sectionals....but good for De Repentigny!...she is an awesome skater....hope she does well in the long...does anyone else know anything about the results of novice ladies from both eastern and western?

double_loop77

Spectator
Eastern Novice ladies was not a particulary strongly skated event. Many people were expected to be at the top, but people seemed to be cracking under the pressure. Katherin de Repentigny was by far the class of the field, her program was very solid. IMO 1st and 2nd place skates were the only ones that really stuck out on their own in terms of technical and presentation. The shock of the night went to Natalie Kwong.... she did triple toe/single toe, and I'm pretty sure she did not land double axel or dbl loop.... the axel may have been popped but I am not entirely sure.