SC pics from some magazine | Golden Skate

SC pics from some magazine

M

mathman444

Re: SC pics from some magazine

Those are beautiful glamour shots, Dog. Tell me the magazine so I can subsrcribe.

Mathman

P.S. Check out Sasha's calf muscle on picture number two!

H

hrmsk8ngnutt

WOW!!!! Very cool pics :cool: Thanks, Red Dog.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

S

sk8ing lady2001

Those are all fabulous pictures of the lovely Sasha. Thanks for the links! :)

D

Dee4707

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>P.S. Check out Sasha's calf muscle on picture number two![/quote]
Mathman, if you think those are good:eek: :eek: , you should see mine.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dee

PS Those are very lovely pictures of Sasha.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:teal;font-family:helvetica;font-size:small;">The only strange thing is that it's the face of a 12 year old trying so hard to look sophisticated, and it just doesn't gel.</span> 0]

D

dlksk8fan

She looks like a little girl playing dress up.

M

maxell1313

At least one of the pictures prove she's got the flexibility to achieve the position in a Bielmann spin. Now to just actually DO one....

B

Bleuchick

the hair stylist went way overboard. It almost as though he was doing hair for a catwalk model. :lol: Other than that, Sasha looks great.

K

Kara Bear

I think she looks beautiful and very grown up!

R

rgirl181

Anybody know what magazine these are from? I think these photos are awful. ITA that the hair is especially bad, but the whole concept and art direction--IMO they're:x :x :x Sasha is a beautiful and photogenic young woman, but there is nothing honest about these photos. They're trying to look make Sasha look sophisticated, but IMO they look like what they are--a beautiful, athletic 18-year-old with bad hair, costumes, lighting, and photography. They're like photos from an aspiring model's bad portfolio. All these photos need to be worse are those fake sunset backgrounds they have for photos at K-Mart.

I don't know who Sasha's PR person is or even if she has one, but for those who don't like Sasha, they're just going to laugh at this. If this was for some sort of teen or tween magazine, I understand the aesthetic--after all, their readers are girls who want to play dress up. But if I was doing a photo shoot of Sasha, I'd put her in a couple of simple practice outfits, have her hair pinned in plain bun, and little if any make up. I'd put her in a rink with simple lighting and just tell her to skate while I shot--okay, I'd get a better photographer than I am or could ever hope to be8o It wouldn't sell any tween magazines or Maybelline make-up, but I think a photo shoot along those lines would show Sasha as the strong athlete and interesting personality she is instead of the model for the Sasha doll.

Don't get me wrong. I really like Sasha and have no doubt she would make an amazing photographic subject. I just don't like these photos (don't like these kind of photos of anybody). JMO.
Rgirl

S

SHINE2002

Those are some really beautiful pictures...but Sasha does loo like unhuman doll in those photos...except for the first one, personally I didn't like the rest.
I like naturaller looks better.

C

CartDi

for inquiring minds, i think the photos are from Seventeen magazine. :p

R

rgirl181

Re: Seventeen Magazine?

If these photos are from SEVENTEEN magazine, that mag has really gone downhill. I don't mind glamour shots, but I prefer them with either better production and concept than these and/or irony (ie, the photo of Sasha in VOGUE last year with the wrestler in a tux).

As I said on the Worlds thread, Sasha looks better in the Yahoo photo of her wiping her nose than she does in these:p
Rgirl

R

RealtorGal

I showed them to my 8 yr old daughter last night and she said that Sasha looks ridiculous! :lol:

M

mathman444

Me, too, JenT.

Yes, Sasha has a youthful-looking face and a petite figure. But she's eighteen. She can dress up in pretty clothes if she wants to. I think she looks nice.

I can't comment on the quality of the photography, but I think that this is the kind of shoot that these teen girls magazines always go for. Sasha looks fine and foxy to me. :)

Mathman

W

WindSpirit5

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I think these photos are awful. ITA that the hair is especially bad, but the whole concept and art direction--IMO they're :x :x :x [/quote] I'm with you, Rgirl. This is exactly what I've been thinking. I know a very good expression of how she looks in those photos, but there's no equivalent of it in English. Nothing very bad, just that she looks like a kiddie looking very old, or something like that. If I were the photographer and saw my model made like that, I'd freak out. ;)

But that's art; to make a young and attractive person look bad. :lol:

R

rgirl181

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>But that's art; to make a young and attractive person look bad.[/quote] :lol: I don't know about art, but it's certainly advertising when it comes to selling make-up and hair stuff to teens and tweens. Witness Christina Aguilera in her "Dirty" video.

Mathman,
I have nothing against Sasha dressed up, made up, and photographed like the beautiful young woman she is. But like I said, these photos have that K-Mart look. Put Sasha in the hands of a photographer for VOGUE and I'm sure she would look very elegant. Same goes for Michelle, Sarah, and probably all the young women at Worlds. Here's my comparison: When Ilia Kulik won Oly gold in '98, INTERNATIONAL FIGURE SKATING did two covers of him, one for subscribers, one for the newstand. IMO, it's very hard to take a bad photo of the guy but damn if IFS didn't manage to do so for their subscribers. We got Ilia on the cover in an ill-fitting tux shot from a bad angle in bad lighting. That gorgeous guy looked like Mr. Doofus Goes to the Prom. The newstands got a 3/4 profile of Ilia with the collar of a black leather jacket turned up. Now that was the hottie I knew as Ilia Kulik.

I'm sorry Mathman, but I cannot abide your pitifully low standards for female figure skating foxiness. Oh, wait...I just remembered the "Michelle's Fashions" thread. You liked that clunky brown sweater with the puke green skirt. My apologies; obviously you can't help it:p :p :p
Mean Ol' Rgirl