Are you unhappy with Skate Canada's Results Website? | Golden Skate

Are you unhappy with Skate Canada's Results Website?

sk8a_grl

Rinkside
personally, i am unhappy with the efficiency of skate canada's postings....but this is the first competition with the new system.....and seeing as this competition is the one sending qualifying skaters to nationals....they have to make sure they dont make any mistakes and send the wrong ppl to jr nats.....

Coach

Rinkside
I am aware of how easy it is to post results once they have been verified and signed-off by the event referee & accounts... therefore, if they are ready for posting on the result wall at the venue.... then, they should be available on the website. It's not that hard - Just do it!

sk8a_grl

Rinkside
or maybe it has something to do with the fact that they are trying to run two challenge competitions at once.....they are too busy trying to figure out scores and making sure they are accurate to be worrying about posting them on the internet....besides they actually do post them on the internet when they have time...just not quick enough for your liking i guess

rain

Record Breaker
I never go to the Skate Canada website for results - that pretty much says it all. I'm also annoyed that nowhere on the site is it posted where Canadians can watch skating coverage on T.V. for the season. They should have been on top of CBC's coverage for the Grand Prix - maybe they'd help get more fans watching if it wasn't so darn hard to find out when they could actually view events. It is only a very few who can afford to actually go to the series competitions. I'm a skating junkie so I searched an searched until I found out, but the more casual viewer would have just given up, I'm sure.

sk8a_grl

Rinkside
they will actually have the TV schedule out once the competition gets closer....its only the beginning of december and u already want a TV schedule??...cmon skate canada is bust trying to run two competitions at once....everyone is worrying about results not coming up fast enough and TV schedules for a month and a half from now...take it easy....

bems

Rinkside
I think many of us who are fans and financial supporters of the sport are becoming increasingly distanced from it by less information rather than more information about the new judging system. If this new system causes a delay in the results then please have Skate Canada explain in more detail what the problem is and how they are going to fix it.

We must send them our opinions but I'm not holding my breath for any reply.

In my opinion, Skate Canada is the governing body and feels it does not have to be accountable to the fans.

sk8a_grl

Rinkside
skate canada does have some problems with the new system.....but give them a break...its a brand new system and its very complicated...u cant expect skate canada to be 100 percent efficient with this new system.....they are still learning how to use it properly

bems

Rinkside
Of course we must give them the benefit of the doubt.

Time to take a deep breath, relax and wait out the season.

wishicouldskate

Rinkside
I think I've made it clear how i feel about S C. They certainly don't look like an elite skating organization, and no wonder the rest of the world thinks we ride husky sleds and hunt caribou. They need to find and hire a good webmaster who can post the results in real time.

tangos

Rinkside
Frankly, this was a huge competition. Much to organize, coordinate and manage. And then add a complicated new marking system on top. Yes, it would be nice to have the results out faster, but give them a break on this one.

figure_skater73

Spectator
yes it is true that skate canada is doing a not so stellar job on posting results on time. However it is not the end of the world. There is no need for skate canada to go waste money on a webmaster when there are skaters who go to internationals and have to pay for thier coach to come along with them (add that to the other cost and alot of ppl cannot afford it). Although it is fun to know immediatly after how a skater did it is not important enough to waste important money on.

lutzloop

Spectator
While it is a new system, they were running two competitions at the same time, and there are known computer glitches, there is no reason why they couldn't come out with a very simple alternative this time round and that is to issue information releases that could of been posted on their website. That way, someone/people (I'm sure they could get volunteers to do this) would create a page with all of the results for each category and it would be posted (just like what Rosaleen was doing for us) instead of trying to get the automated system to post results. Simple!

Having no results is not a good reflection on how Skate Canada views the importance of the skating fans and family. These days, the skating community needs all of the fans it can get as many have been turned away from the sport due to the many judging scandals. This is the time to rebuild and thus, the skating fans and family need priority too.

Foxy

Rinkside
I'm disappointed. It's now Monday and the Novice Men's and Ladies Finals are still not up on the site. Oh well, I guess we'll find out the results when the kids arrive home. :sheesh:

sk8a_grl

Rinkside
i agree with tangos...i mean one challenge competition is hard enough to organize and manage....imagine trying to run two of them in the same place at the same time....plus with the new judging system...i would have to say with all that on top of them...they are doing a pretty good job of trying to stay as on top of posting the results as they can....

Dragonlady

Final Flight
Geesh. I read all of these snarky comments about how dreadful Skate Canada is and I ask myself, how spoiled are we?

Getting a system in place so that all skaters qualifying for Nationals compete and be judged under CoP is an enormous and expensive undertaking. It's impressive that Skate Canada was able to do this so quickly. So if a few hundred people on the internet are inconvenienced by having to wait a day, myself included, in my mind, this is no big deal. YMMV.