Worlds 05 Moscow - Q@ tickets in Russia | Golden Skate

Worlds 05 Moscow - Q@ tickets in Russia

cheekers85

Rinkside
Does anyone know whow to get tickets to this. I just found out a friend of mine (who is russian born) will be in russia visiting at the same time. I want to come with them and us go to Worlds in Russia. This is kind of last minute but does anyone know how a russian person would go about buying tickets to this. I want to get a russian entrance ticket, not foreign group ticket there. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

(I don't want to get there in march and find out there is nothign available..or maybe get a better seat now...which is why I am asking now, not waiting. Any info is appreciated!)

There must be a website on this. Usually, they have information in the language of the host country and also in Eng, Fren, and Ital. If it is only in Russian, ask your friend to translate it.

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
You could also put this question on FSUniverse at

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=11

as there are lots of European posters that travel to events. I have understood that it is definetely of advantage to get the tickets via a Russian person as they pay for them less than foreigners. At least that applies e.g. to opera and ballet.

Marjaana

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Any internet based information will be geared toward foreigners, which means higher prices. I would guess that a Muscovite would go to the place of venue (call first to find out when the ticket window is open) and physically purchase the tickets. Once again, if you don't want to pay a foreigner rate, forget about ordering or anything. So, if your friend has close friends or relatives in Moscow, she should ask them to procure the tickets and then you'll pay for them when you get there.

cheekers85

Rinkside
Thanks for answering you guys. :)

Jaanna, yes that is true for pretty much everything, as far as what I know. I think skating is included. :)
I definatley need russian citizen entrance tickets becuase I can't afford to do this really. This whole thing will be a shoestring thing and adventure, lol. :) I will look at FSU too though. thanks. :)

Joesitz. Thanks for your help and thoughts too. :)

Ptichka- :)
Hmmm. Do you think a website even in russian would have foreign prices? :-/
I don't think my friend can do that. It would be a very good idea, except his relatives don't live near Moscow. Him and I are only stopping there cuase I really want to see the capital and the skating, lol...I've never been to Russia before (and he's just visiting again like usual) so he's indulging me. :p
Do you think the tickets would be long sold out a few days before the event...I would definatley wait in line for them! I just hope that wouldn't be foolish. :)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Actually, I just looked and it's possible that the Russians have done something right for a change. Here is a website: http://www.foota.ru/figen.html. The exchange rate is typically about 30 rubles per dollar, so the prices are about $25 for SPs, $30 for LPs (for the cheaper tickets). Prices for the Gala, though, are about $150! Prices seem to be the same on Russian and English sites; in fact, only the English site mentions discounts for early ordering and ordering tickets to all events. The only thing I can say is - be careful. Normally, ordering in Russia means there is no luxury such as Ticketmaster. My guess would be that even if you buy tickets on the spot, there would be some availble -- Russian international events haven't filled out for a while -- those with money aren't too interested, and for the ordinary fold $30 is a huge sum of money.

Out of curiosity -- where in Russia are you guys going? Also, I guess your friend is going as a Russian citizen; if so, do you know all about getting a Russian visa? If not, PM me, I can give you info about agency that can do it relatively headache free.

Last edited: