The Japanese Federation, out of the ISU? | Golden Skate

The Japanese Federation, out of the ISU?

E

Excidra2001

The Japanese Federation, out of the ISU?

Since they were one of the few federations who decided to support the WSF. Will the ISU give them a kick in the butt or will they let them stay?

If you asked me, I think Speedy is not going to give this a second thought and will kick them out of the union along with the other federations who decided to support the WSF.

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

Re: The Japanese Federation, out of the ISU?

if they do I hope it happens after worlds! :(

E

Excidra2001

If he decides to part ways with them, there is no doubt he will do it after worlds.

Skate Canada and USFSA will stay with the ISU, considering the head of the IOC stated that the ISU will be the only skating federation that will remain with the IOC.

M

mathman444

I don't know whether the Japanese skating federation came out in support of the WSF, or if it was just the president of the federation as an individual. I believe that some of the founding members of the WSF are officials of the USFSA, but the USFSA itself has not given an endorsement.

This will be interesting. I feel that one of the things that is wrong with the ISU is that its members are not people (certainly not the skaters) but rather are national federations. This gives the national federations the ultimate power in the organization, and blocs of federations even more so.

What's wrong with this, in my opinion, is that the national federations are motivated by patriotism and by the desire to promote the fortunes of their own skaters. Hence all the charges of judging conspiracies, etc.

Mathman