10 most interesting people | Golden Skate

10 most interesting people

Arianne

On the Ice
I didn't catch this whole Barbara Walters program. Who won the top spot?

Annie

Linny

Final Flight
Who won

An advisor to President George W whom I never heard of. Considering that Paris Hilton was up there, also, I'm not sure how much of an honor it all was. Except for Oprah - who I find to be ever lastingly fascinating - most of the honoriees were not people I expect to have any lasting impact.

Linny

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Arianne said:
I didn't catch this whole Barbara Walters program. Who won the top spot?

Annie

Did not watch the program. I imagine these are people Barbara Walters considers interesting. Now if she would have had Pierre Berton (who just passed away this past weekend) on the list he would more than qualify for the title.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Linny said:
An advisor to President George W whom I never heard of. Considering that Paris Hilton was up there, also, I'm not sure how much of an honor it all was. Except for Oprah - who I find to be ever lastingly fascinating - most of the honoriees were not people I expect to have any lasting impact.

Linny

That would be Karl Rove. How did you manage to get through the last four years without ever having heard of him...you lucky, lucky girl!
Rave

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Holy crap! You've never heard of Karl Rove? He's the insane genius who spread the rumor in South Carolina about John McCain having an illegitimate black child (John has an adopted daughter from Southeast Asia), thus allowing George W to win that state, and ultimately the Republican nomination, and you know the rest. He came up with ads for Saxby Chambliss against his opponent, a Vietnam vet who lost three limbs there (name escapes me at the moment), which compared the vet to Osama bin Laden. Nice.

He had a smear campaign lined up against Dean should Dean have gotten the nomination this time, and some believe Rove was behind the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" smear campaign.

There's a special place in hell for Karl Rove. I realize politics isn't a pretty place, but Karl and his mentor, Lee Atwater, have taken it to a new low, and I don't know if we're ever going to climb out of it again.

Rant over.

Laura

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
What exactly is so interesting about Paris Hilton? She was fortunate enough to be born into a wealthy family. Beyond that, I find that she falls into that special category: FAMOUS FOR NOTHING. :laugh:

mpal2

Final Flight
Didn't you watch Last Comic Standing? Paris Hilton is famous for proving that you don't have to be poor to be white trash. :laugh:

(Tammy Pescatelli (sp?) shot out that little zinger and it had me rolling on the floor.)

Kasey

Medalist
The fact that PARIS HILTON was considered one of the 'most interesting' kept me away from the whole dang thing. Good grief, what are we coming to???

Kasey

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Well, the fact that there are 9 posts in this thread (okay, 10 with this one), and five of them mention Paris Hilton....you decide why she's one of the ten. Karl Rove has the ability to shape this country's future (by using dirty politics to get extreme right-wing candidates elected), but who is most talked about? Just something to think about.

I didn't watch barbra WaWas show. It's her taste. Not mine. But did she include Johnnie Depp?

Here's a guy who can act from one extreme to the other and still be himself. Go see Neverland. He's totally different and always believeable. He is politics because he is himself and he shows it to the populace.

Joe

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
PrincessLeppard said:
Well, the fact that there are 9 posts in this thread (okay, 10 with this one), and five of them mention Paris Hilton....you decide why she's one of the ten.

Yeah, talked about because the media keep shoving her in our faces. Notice that not one of the posts, however, mentions any actual talent she possesses. :laugh: Isn't her 15 minutes of fame just about up? Well, maybe she will surprise us all and actually DO something that will benefit society! Yeah, right... I'm not holding my breath! :biggrin:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
That Johnny Depp is something else alright. My daughter rented a movie with him in it over Thanksgiving. It must have been Neverland. Anyway, he sure is one talented guy.

heyang

Record Breaker
Just saw a Biography show about Famous Heirs.

The Hilton sisters were part of the profile. Paris & her sister are successful entrepreneurs. They have a line of popular handbags and plan to expand into other accessories. Both sisters are equal partners, but Paris just likes to party more. Her sister did say that she feels that Paris learned a lot by being on The Simple Life - she saw what most people live like. Sister also said that Paris was portraying a caricature of herself.

Anyway, I never got the fascination with the Hilton sisters, but apparently they quite a following in the fashion world. Their father is now asked 'Are you the father of the Hilton sisters?' instead of 'Do you own all those hotels?'

Others profiled were Muhammod Ali's daughter.