14. Eric Scorupka 127,64
15. Julien Lefèvre 127,61
16. Grégory Reverdiau 124,92

Thanks to FSU :)

Congrats to Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cowboyboots

Spectator
Joesitz said:
Dambier is gaining on Brian. Brian must have had a bad day. What happened to Stannick?

Joe

And what happened to Restencourt? Former World competitor in 11th place???

:eek:

soogar

Record Breaker
I like Fred's skating better than Brian's skating. I think Fred has a much better program than Brian plus Brian isn't skating as sharp as he did last year.

Matt

On the Ice
Dambier is get much more consistent and much more confident with his routines and it's showing in his results. He's appeared to land the 4sal cleanly in every page of results I've found. With much more in the way of artistry than Joubert, he will definitely be one to watch in the coming years.

I'm not surprised about Jeannette. I'm actually surprised he did that well; he not looked that great in recent years. Pity about Restencourt; he was a pretty good skater when he came on the scene several years ago and when he was on. He was the first French skater to land the quad in competition.

I don't how closely anyone follows French figure skating, but does anyone know what happened to Damien Djordjevic?

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
In an interview on Europe on Ice (http://www.europeonice.com/) Dambier said that after the first two minutes of the first official practice at Worlds, he hurt his back and then missed two full days of practice. This could have affected his balance and the landing of his jumps, which were consistently flawed, mostly by landing on his toe. By one of this year's GP events I saw on TV -- I'm not at home so I can't check which broadcast -- many of his landings were clean. If he's landing two different quads, particularly in combination, and most of the rest of his jumps are landed cleanly, there's no reason he wouldn't be close to Joubert, even if Joubert has improved enough over his GP performances to be moving towards a mini-peak at Euros, where he's medalled all three times he's competed, and a peak at Worlds.

Kitty

Rinkside
Matt said:
I don't how closely anyone follows French figure skating, but does anyone know what happened to Damien Djordjevic?

Hi there !! :cool: and Happy New Year to all !!!

Sorry for taking ages to reply :sheesh:

I was in Rennes attending the Nationals. As for Damien his SP was very very poor and he withdrawed from LP. I don't know what happened but I saw Him talking to officials the morning of the LP ...

Stanick : His LP was great but his made some mistakes like a simple axel and one or two double jumps (I have to check I dont remember exactly :sheesh: )

Vincent : Was not in good shape for SP and LP. A pity.

Last edited: