Irina's choreography? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Irina's choreography?

ladybug

On the Ice
Is it just me or have others noticed since the COP has come into play that most of the skating looks sloppy and the skaters do not seem to communicate with the audience. It seems like all they do is busy work and the programs look frantic. Programs just aren't pretty.

On most things I tell myself----that was hard but cetainly not pretty. Sometimes less is more.

Ladybug

Thanks Ptchka and wvgal for clearing up the Queen of Spades for me.

And, I think there is a semblance of Irina telling her own story. By Worlds, this may develop into a fine and genuine emotional performance.

JonnyCoop - I agree that season of Carmen was the big wonder for me too, in watching Irina show presentation. In fact that GP skate was sooooo good, imo, I consider it her best presentation ever.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
ITA on Irina's competitiveness...

Joesitz said:
Having said that I do believe she is the best competitor in this season's competitions. I anticipate a Gold in Moscow and it has nothing to do with the hometown venue. She is for me the best competitor.

Joe
Given Irina's challenges both physically and emotionally over the last couple of years, she truly is amazing. She sure is physically and mentally tough on the ice when it counts. Very inspirational to me.

DG

lavender

Record Breaker
It's all about the points and yes that's is what's going to get the win. I guess I'm just going to start enjoying the men more. There's actually meaning to most of their programs.

cianni

On the Ice
Irina

Well we all want the jumps, jumps, jumps and now its tricks, tricks, tricks. Cant have it both ways. Its always the extreme either jumps or spins and no room for choro. I also agree the programs look frantic running from jump to spin and no one is pleasing to watch. Lets give the skaters a break and expect a balanced program. Love Irina but her skating is sloppy racing from jump to jump and then the bielman. I see no choro. Hersh is right the winner is whoever the judges want to win and probably the cheating will continue. Sad, Sad, Sad.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I don't agree that programs have gotten too busy to be watchable. I think that Jeffrey Buttle's Naqoyqatsi is the best fusion of music, skater, and movement since Torvill and Dean's Bolero, and that David Wilson has choreographed brilliantly for Rochette, Nicholas Young, and Shawn Sawyer as well, and, to a little lesser extent, for Cynthia Pfaneuf. (The strategy there seems to be, keep her moving, and she won't get quite so nervous.) I like both Sebestyen's Carmen program, particularly the slow section to the "Flower Song," for which, by CoR, she was starting to understand the pacing, and Arakawa's Romeo and Juliette, which hasn't gotten the stellar performance so far this year. I love Ando's program, which she's still improving, and Poykio's Romeo and Juliette. I think Weir's is brilliant.

Kostner's is the only one that looks to me like everything but the kitchen sink has been thrown into it.

Last edited: