Takeshi Honda | Golden Skate

Takeshi Honda

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Takeshi was out most of last season due to injury; I don't know about this season. He is such a part of the Canadian skating landscape, I think he should be an honoury Canadian. Hope he has recovered for the upcoming season.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I know he didn't do well in the Grand Prix. It is such a shame because I really enjoy his skating.

S

SkateFan4Life

Ladskater said:
Takeshi was out most of last season due to injury; I don't know about this season. He is such a part of the Canadian skating landscape, I think he should be an honoury Canadian. Hope he has recovered for the upcoming season.

I doubt if the Japanese Skating Federation would be too pleased with seeing Takeshi removed from their umbrella. :biggrin:

Remember that a number of top skaters train outside of their respective home countries. How many Russian skaters have trained in the United States and Canada? Plenty! Alexi Yagudin trained at my local rink for a few years, following his victory at the 1988 Olympics. Many other non-American skaters have trained at Wilmington, Delaware, Simsbury, Connecticut, not to mention training centers in Detroit (Richard Callaghan) and southern California.
I would hardly expect any of them to represent any country other than their native country.

Kateri

On the Ice
The way things are now, he might not make it out of JPN nats....although to be fair, his meltdowns in the GP were nothing compared to Takahashi's meltdown at TEB, and I think I heard that Yamato Tamura has retired. So maybe he will be OK.

Come on Takeshi!!

k.