Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Steven Cousins

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • Kurt Browning

Votes: 14 6.2%

• Total voters

IDLERACER

Medalist
I don't really pay much attention to male skater's looks, but if what I have been reading in this forum over the last four years is any indication, I'm surprised that Peter Tchernyshev isn't on that list. A couple of years ago, just about every woman in here couldn't stop yacking about how perfect he looks.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IDLERACER said:
I don't really pay much attention to male skater's looks, but if what I have been reading in this forum over the last four years is any indication, I'm surprised that Peter Tchernyshev isn't on that list. A couple of years ago, just about every woman in here couldn't stop yacking about how perfect he looks.
I never understood that!!!

Dee

Dyan

On the Ice
Well then allow me to add my vote for Mr. Tchernyshev. He is incredibly handsome and I'd even say he has one of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen on a man.

As for why his name doesn't come up much? Perhaps because he isn't out there competing anymore?

Runner ups would be John Zimmerman (okay I would tie him with Peter), John Kerr, Anton Sikharulidze and Maxim Staviyski.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
From the list, I was stuck between voting for John Z or Steven Cousins and I finally ended up voting for Steven. I really could go either way with those two though! :agree:

My personal choice, who is not on the list for some unknown reason, is David Pelletier. Oh my.......that is one handsome man. Lucky Jamie! :rock:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Slightly off topic but do any of you ladies (or gentlemen) "get" Sasha Zhulin's popularity with the ladies?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
10, 15 years ago I certainly understood it -- but I don't think he's aging especially well. And let us not forget how he looked in a pair of tights..... :biggrin:

Actually, I find Sasha Zulin's popularity with the ladies MUCH less puzzling than Oksana/Pasha Gritshuk's popularity with the gentlemen. Someone would actually consider dumping Maia Usova for THAT????

33leprechaun

Rinkside
Eliza said:
Sometimes I think I'm the only person who doesn't think that Grinkov was gorgeous. Nice looking, but not someone who would have turned my head.

Eliza
I agree with you about Sergei.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
JonnyCoop said:
10, 15 years ago I certainly understood it -- but I don't think he's aging especially well. And let us not forget how he looked in a pair of tights..... :biggrin:

Actually, I find Sasha Zulin's popularity with the ladies MUCH less puzzling than Oksana/Pasha Gritshuk's popularity with the gentlemen. Someone would actually consider dumping Maia Usova for THAT????

ITA. Maia Usova reminds me of Sofia Loren. Pasha Grischuk reminds me of Jenna Jameson.

Kasey

Medalist
thisthingcalledlove said:
ITA. Maia Usova reminds me of Sofia Loren. Pasha Grischuk reminds me of Jenna Jameson.

:rofl:

I only know about Jenna Jameson because the radio morning show I listen to on the way home from work have two pigs who talk about her frequently!

Back to the poll...after the full season of watching, I gotta say, Vitaliy Novikov is a beautiful man!

Sara7000

Rinkside
Aren´t we forgetting Kristoffer Berntsson, Sweden, he´s beautiful, almost in an elf (lord of the rings) kind of way :love:

Dyan

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:

I'm glad you posted that because I was beggining to think I was going crazy. I agree that Mr. Zhulin hasn't looked all that great since his competitive years came to an end.

I think Oksana/Pasha's platinum blonde hair makes her look older/harder than she actually is. When she wears her hair with it's normal brunette color I think she looks very pretty.

In fact I'd like to use this opportunity to say that I wish that it wasn't the thing to do for the ladies to show their maturity and sophistication (I'm guessing that's why they hit the dye bottle) by dying their hair that platinum blonde color. The only time I've ever seen that color as flattering was back in the 40's and 50's when the movie stars such as Grace Kelly, Doris Day etc.. sported that color. IMO honey or shades of ash blonde looks better.

There! I feel so much better now. :biggrin:

pennyfromheaven

On the Ice
Definitely Peter Tchernyshev though he is not on the list. But in my opinion he is the most gorgeous man in the figure skating world!

CDMM1991

Medalist
The Stefan/Stephanes!!!!!!!!!!! All the way! I'm torn between Stefan Lindemann and Stephane Lambiel

emma

Record Breaker
I can't pick....I think Joubert is very handsome according to the criteria you seem to be using...but agree that most, if not all, on the list are handsome...and yes, i totally agree about Peter T, and even Alexi Y, and the Stephans...oh, and on and on....but WHAT about Eman...I think he is totally HOT, but talking about face only, very, very, very, handsome.