Canadian Male Skaters - thriving as ever | Golden Skate

Canadian Male Skaters - thriving as ever

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
When Kurt, Brian and Elvis all but, hung up their competitive skates, I was worried about our future in the men's discipline. However, my worries were for nothing. There was a xmas special on the other night featuring Brian Orser, Kurt Browning and Jennifer Robinson. The show also featured, Jeff Buttle, Emanuel Sandhu and Shawn Sawyer. These guys are just amazing. All three skaters are so artistic and an inspiration to watch. Shawn is the most flexible male skater, I have ever seen. It's a real treat to see these guys developing their individual styles. Both Jeff and Emanuel skated beautifully.

The show also incorporated a local skating club; Some of the younger skaters got the rare privilege to skate with the likes of Kurt and Jennifer and Brian! Must have been a real thrill for them - not to mention their proud parents.

I am looking forward to the Canadians this season. It is going to be a real "showdown" in the men's discipline.

glow_girl85

Rinkside
i agree. i was especially surprised at Shawn Sawyer because i hadn't seen much of him but i thought he was really good! i also like Ben Ferreira, although he wasn't there.

Linny

Final Flight
Something in the water?

Is there something in the water, up there in the Great North? 'Cause Eman, Jeff, Shawn - these are not just very good skaters, but extremely artistic. How did that happen that they all come from the same country?
Linny

sk8erboy2

Spectator
Linny said:
Is there something in the water, up there in the Great North? 'Cause Eman, Jeff, Shawn - these are not just very good skaters, but extremely artistic. How did that happen that they all come from the same country?
Linny

LOL... our water is good stuff.. :agree:

Kurt

Matt

On the Ice
Considering how flexible Eman, Jeff, and Shawn are (and speaking as a male dancer who has none), if the water you guys have in Canada does anything to improve flexibility, someone please send me a case of the stuff ASAP!... :rofl:

S

SkateFan4Life

Matt said:
Considering how flexible Eman, Jeff, and Shawn are (and speaking as a male dancer who has none), if the water you guys have in Canada does anything to improve flexibility, someone please send me a case of the stuff ASAP!... :rofl:

Hmmm.....looks as though we Americans may be buying our drinking water from Canada, as well as our medications!! :biggrin:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Linny said:
Linny

I don't know. I have been drinking Canadian water all my life and it didn't work for me!!!! :laugh:

S

SkateFan4Life

I like Jeff Buttle's skating. It's a tremendous combination of athletic skill and artistry. Maybe he will be the next Canadian man to medal at Worlds and at the Olympics.

Emanuel Sandhu has the potential of being this generation's answer to John Curry. The guy's flexibility and artistry is truly amazing. If he can land his jumps, he's definitely in the hunt for medals.

IMHO, of course.