Grand Prix Final - Men's Short Program - LIVE!!!!!!!!!! | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final - Men's Short Program - LIVE!!!!!!!!!!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
The Men' short program gets underway shortly. Contenders include: Evgeny Plushenko (RUS), Brian Joubert (FRA), Jeffrey Buttle (CAN) and Emanuel Sandhu (CAN).

The first competitor is: Evgeny Plushenko (RUS)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Evgeny Plushenko (RUS)

Technical Elements = 44.50
Program Componants = 39.85

Total = 84.35 WOW!!!!!!

(Way to go, Evgeny :agree: )

Up next: Chengjiang Li (CHN)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Chengjiang Li (CHN)

Technical Elements = 34.66
Program Componants = 31.25

Total = 65.91

Currently 2nd

Up next: Ryan Jahnke (USA)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Ryan Jahnke (USA)

Technical Elements = 28.60
Program Componants = 32.80

Total = 61.40

Currently 3rd

1. Evgeny Plushenko (RUS)
2. Chengjiang Li (CHN)
3. Ryan Jahnke (USA)

Up next: Emanuel Sandhu (CAN)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Emanuel Sandhu (CAN)

Technical Elements = 40.10
Program Componants = 35.50

Total = 75.60

Currently 2nd

2. Emanuel Sandhu (CAN)
3. Chengjiang Li (CHN)

Up next: Jeffrey Buttle (CAN)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Jeffrey Buttle (CAN)

Technical Elements = 39.50
Program Componants = 36.95

Total = 76.45

Currently 2nd

2. Jeffrey Buttle (CAN)
3. Emanuel Sandhu (CAN)

The final skater is: Brian Joubert (FRA)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Brian Joubert (FRA)

Technical Elements = 31.70
Program Componants = 35.60

Total = 67.30

4th place

2. Jeffrey Buttle (CAN)
3. Emanuel Sandhu (CAN)

Good luck in the free skate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hikaru

Final Flight
WOW!! Plushenko is off the charts again, those are some major points! Buttle looks good with his scores, only a difference of about 8 points or so with Plushenko. My boy Brian, looks like he had lower technical scores, but he's the type of guy that makes recovery in the free, so again, it's gonna be a tough free skate, although Plushenko has strong marks and he gives it all in the free as well; but again, anything can happen. E-man had very good marks as well! Good luck to all our guys over there!! :agree:

lavender

Record Breaker
Looks like Joubert may have lost some ground trying to go after Plushenko. I think he might take a different route after this season. Get some better programs.

mike79

On the Ice
Joubert's PCS is higher than Sandhu's? Give me a break. There are only three other skaters that should be getting PCS marks as high as Sandhu: Plushenko, Buttle, and Weir. Actually, add Klimkin to that group as well.

Not at all surprised at the results. Brian has been having a poor season. I think his entourage should sit down and talk about it. He has little personality on the ice other than good looks, and that costume is dreadful. maybe the Santa Maria is sinking. :sheesh: Maybe for Euros he will come to life. :scratch: It's really sad for the numero dos in the World.

Meantime, I wish Johnny had been in better shape. I would have loved to see him in this just to see how he would do against a good Buttle and Sandhu.

Joe

lavender

Record Breaker
Meantime, I wish Johnny had been in better shape. I would have loved to see him in this just to see how he would do against a good Buttle and Sandhu.

Yeah I wish Weir was at the gp. The battle for 2nd place is where it's at. I see Buttle, Weir and Sandhu going for it at Worlds. For some reason if they all skate clean I don't see Joubert on the podium. They just have better programs (music and choreography) than Joubert. I think it's too late for that to change this season.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Weir isn't in teh comp... so who did you mean when you said Buttle, Sandhu, and Weir?

lavender

Record Breaker
Most were hoping Weir would be at the gp to see him battle for 2nd with Sanhu and Buttle. We will have to wait for Worlds instead.

You will have to excuse me. I'm writing fast and skipping words because I'm at work being bad.

Last edited: