Grand Prix Final - Free Dance - LIVE!!!!!!!!!! | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Final - Free Dance - LIVE!!!!!!!!!!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Drama continues as the Bulgarians must be thinking "Hey this can't be right". Well it is. With the Russians in the lead by only a little less than three points, the Americans might have a chance at possible gold. If not, silver is definitely within their reach. The conclusion of the GPF is next.

Here are the standings after the original dance:
1. Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov (RUS)
2. Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto (USA)
3. Galit Chait and Sergei Sakhnovsky (ISR)
4. Albena Denkova and Maxim Staviski (BUL)
5. Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon (CAN)
6. Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder (FRA)

The first skaters up are: Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder (FRA) who are in 6th with a total of 55.95 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder (FRA)

Technical Elements = 45.70
Program Componants = 57.73
Free Dance Total = 103.43

Overall Total = 159.38

Up next: Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon (CAN) who are in 5th with a total of 58.06 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Marie-France Dubreuil and Patrice Lauzon (CAN)

Technical Elements = 42.00
Program Componants = 59.59
Free Dance Total = 101.59

Overall Total = 159.65

Currently 1st

Up next: Albena Denkova and Maxim Staviski (BUL) who are in 4th with a total of 59.73 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Albena Denkova and Maxim Staviski (BUL)

Technical Elements = 44.00
Program Componants = 63.89
Free Dance Total = 107.87

Overall Total = 167.62

Currently 1st

1. Denkova/Staviski (BUL)
2. Dubreuil/Lauzon (CAN)
3. Delobel/Schoenfelder (FRA)

Up next: Galit Chait and Sergei Sakhnovsky (ISR) who are in 3rd with a total of 60.33 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Galit Chait and Sergei Sakhnovsky (ISR)

Technical Elements = 44.10
Program Componants = 62.36
Free Dance Total = 106.46

Overall Total = 166.79

Currently 2nd

1. Denkova/Staviski (BUL)
2. Chait/Sakhnovsky (ISR)
3. Dubreuil/Lauzon (CAN)

Up next: Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto (USA) who are in 2nd with a total of 62.37 points

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto (USA)

Technical Elements = 44.70
Program Componants = 63.46
Free Dance Total = 108.16

Overall Total = 170.53

Currently 1st

SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Belbin/Agosto (USA)
2. Denkova/Staviski (BUL)
3. Chait/Sakhnovsky (ISR)

The final skaters are: Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov (RUS) who are in 1st with a total of 65.30 points

Hikaru

Final Flight
surprise? really?

well, well, well, what a surprise...

Although throughout this season I sort of knew that Belbin and Agosto could beat Denkova and Staviski, 'cause they havd been scoring higher than the bulgarians. Of course this was the first time during the GP they compited against each other, so there was still that factor. But it was very close with the TES and the PCS. It's going to be very interesting to watch the Free Dance.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov (RUS)

Technical Elements = 46.50
Program Componants = 68.43
Free Skate Total = 114.93

Overall Total = 180.23

1st place

1. Navka/Kostomarov (RUS)
2. Belbin/Agosto (USA)
3. Denkova/Staviski (BUL)

Kudos to Belbin and Agosto 👍 . Congratulations to all the medalists.

Kasey

Medalist
Sad for C&S....have really liked them since seeing them live at Skate America. Oh well, congrats to the winners.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
These results are interesting. Worlds should be so exciting! I am thrilled that B&A were able to do so well and come way with a (sort of) surprising silver medal!

Last edited:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Goes to show you how tight the top 4 teams really are. Should C&S medal at Worlds, I hope that this time they would be allowed to enjoy their medal rather than put up with a lot of whining and complaining. Less than 1 pt. separated 3rd and 4th places. (I don't think Galit will be getting any petitions going... too much class!) :)

Last edited:
Hikaru said:
Although throughout this season I sort of knew that Belbin and Agosto could beat Denkova and Staviski, 'cause they havd been scoring higher than the bulgarians. Of course this was the first time during the GP they compited against each other, so there was still that factor. But it was very close with the TES and the PCS. It's going to be very interesting to watch the Free Dance.
What killed Denkova and Staviski, imo, was that dumb BachAfrican number. I knew when I saw it at the beginning of the GP that they would lose ground.

Joe

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
RealtorGal said:
Goes to show you how tight the top 4 teams really are. Should C&S medal at Worlds, I hope that this time they would be allowed to enjoy their medal rather than put up with a lot of whining and complaining. Less than 2 pts. separated 3rd and 4th places. (I don't think Galit will be getting any petitions going... too much class!) :)

While I didn't like their skating before (except for the Variations program), I really never bought the whole "Galit's dad threatened the judges" rumour. For some strange reason, while one can tell Galit Chait wants to win badly, I don't think it's life or death for her, like it was for many of the dancers (Rita Drobiazko, I'd heard would be in tears after competitions if she didn't medal- I don't see that for Galit).

Hikaru

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
What killed Denkova and Staviski, imo, was that dumb BachAfrican number. I knew when I saw it at the beginning of the GP that they would lose ground.

Joe

That is true. It's a type of music that you have to listen many times to see if you're gonna like it, but for me it hasn't worked yet (just like Michael Weiss' FS last season, I never did like it much). 🇳🇴

I hear many bad comments toward Navka and Kostomarov and I dunno, perhaps is because I haven't followed ice dance much the past years and I'm not familiar with what you should expect from a Free Dance, but I actually like very much their Tosca program (much more than Irina's or Michelle's version, and I've never been an eager fan of Tosca in general), I don't find it boring at all.

Belbin and Agosto did a smart move with their Gypsy Program in my opinion, makes them look more mature and connected with each other, I like the program very much.

Kuchana

On the Ice
For me, it was kinda weird to see someone else skate to music that Michelle skated to, especially the year after she performed it and it being the exact cut or smack near it. But N & K did a good job with it even if I'm not really a fan of ice dancing. I saw them perform this beforehand and this time it was better than the other. I still prefer Michelle's Tosca though! :)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I'd like to take a moment to gush over Belbin & Agosto. Even last season I felt they had some insecurity to them; I've also seen a bit of that earlier this season. At the GPF though I thought it all came together - choreography, a great performance, confidence! WOW!!!

OTOH, I agree with N&K's win. Also agree that D&S's program isn't the best. Too bad.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
Also agree that D&S's program isn't the best. Too bad.

I dislike their program and their costumes. But I never like their programs OR their costumes, so for me, it's pretty much same ol' same ol'! ;)